postage!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I'm trying to sell some accessories. Its size is 7cm* 7cm*0.7cm. what is the best way to post it?

it is quite cheap items so it is very hard to make a profit if I post it through parcel post.

what I am thinking is to post it in a large letter which is the cheapest way but it isn't tractable.

please let me know what is the best way!!! 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

postage!!!!!!!!

Posting as a large letter is cheaper than parcel post, but you cannot have tracking with a letter. There are size restrictions on letters, but at 7 x 7cm and just 0.7cm thick (including packaging?) this is OK. As long as total packaged thickness is less than 2cm, you can post as a letter.

The other cost consideration is weight: up to 125g costs $2, between 125 and 250g costs $3 and between 250 and 500g costs $5. If it is over 500g it cannot be posted as a letter.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

postage!!!!!!!!

You can register a letter which provides tracking but its an additional $4.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

postage!!!!!!!!

Go to your local PO and ask for the "Post Charges" booklet, it is free.

There is tons of info in there about different categories, sizes, weights and different options.

It is a bit heavy going the first time you look at it, but after using it for 5+ years I now know my way around it pretty well. I also write a few notes in there and just carry them over everytime I get a new copy.

It is reproduced twice a year usually in April and October with the any new charges and increases.

The current one is dated 2/10/2017 so we will get a new one in April.

Great tool to keep by your desk as a reference, one of the few very good things that AP has produced.

Oh also for free which you might find helpful, is the letter gauge that they produce, this has cutouts for you to see if your letter will slide through the hole.  Another very helpful tool, but sorry it won't help re tracking. If you want tracking will have to be a parcel, unless someone else has some info for you.

Maybe to make it worthwhile to post with tracking sell in bulk lots/quantities?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply