Are there any way to contact eBay support regarding the status of the case?

ilin_au
Community Member

Had previously a few chats with eBay support regarding some issues with purchases... Can't find any way to contact them again... Looks like they completely removed the possibility to contact support... Hope, the community may help me what to do next...

I ordered an item (Intel Compute Stick), which was posted on time, but the tracking clearly shows that the parcel has been stolen in Australia Post. Created a case in AusPost - they said that they can't find and deliver the parcel and I need to contact the Seller for a compensation. I sent the Seller a message about the issue with AusPost. He created a case; they told him the same things and requested some information... I understand he had some problems to provide them that information and was unable to let me know  what he is going to do, how much time it will take etc. After a few attempts to clarify what is going on on the Seller's side, I created a Return case (as there are no any other possibility for that situation and no way to discuss what to do with eBay support). The eBay case is still open and is in escalated status (there were no any updates from the seller). A few days ago I got a message from the seller - he finally managed to get the compensation for the lost parcel from Australia Post, but he is unable to refund, possibly due to the escalated status of the case... eBay support does nothing so far, I have no item and no refund and no way to contact eBay...  Highly concerned by the situation... How to keep using eBay if there is no way to contact their support in case of issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

go to HELP at top of page and conduct a 'live chat' asap

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

@ilin_au wrote:

............but he is unable to refund, possibly due to the escalated status of the case...

The seller IS able to send a refund no matter what the status of the case is, doing that would simply close the case and you would get a refund.

The seller MAY tell you they can only refund if you close the case - that is a lie.  If you close the case it cannot be reopened and you'll probably never get your refund.