I bought a Buy it Now item, I am told it has already been sold and he 'forgot to take down the ad'.

I paid immediiately and am now told it "sold a while ago". How do I have my money returned and report to Ebay? I have asked for a refund but am being ignored

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

@mypurplepeanut,

The seller should refund you immediately. He/she may already have done that, and the amount would go back to the source with which you paid. Perhaps it would be worth your checking your PayPal account, just to see whether the activity summary shows that a refund has been actioned.

If the seller isn't actioning or hasn't actioned the refund, the usual procedure would be to open a refund request, and escalate it by asking eBay to step in once that option becomes available. There's a timeframe issue, though; normally the dispute can't be opened for an item not having arrived until the EDD (Estimated Delivery Date) has passed.

In this case, since the seller is apparently ignoring you, perhaps your best course of action would be to open a chat with eBay Customer Service and explain the situation, asking if they can open the dispute immediately on your behalf and action it with a refund based on the fact that the seller has said that the item isn't available.

Just make sure that you are not jumping the gun. How long ago was the purchase? For how long has the seller ignored you? If it's only been a day or two, then you can afford to give the seller a little room to act. (In particular, if this is a seller who's forgotten to end the eBay listing, it's probably a seller who doesn't sell very often, and might not be available for a day to respond to you. That's not to excuse the seller, just putting it into context.)

To get to eBay chat, go to the bottom of the Help page (https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home😞

eBay Chat SymbolChat with us

We're available from 8am to 8pm AET

Monday to Friday, and 9am to 7pm AET

Saturday and Sunday

Answers (0)