I have a lot of Saved Searches on Ebay.

Every night I receive emails for any new listings that relate to my searches. However in the last week or so, the email format has changed. I no longer receive a photo of the new listings. It just says for example:   2 new listings, and I have to click on that which takes me to ebay but not necessarily to the 2 new listings. I've spoken to ebay but as usual they don't understand what I mean. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Hi there,  I have the same problem.  I have a lot of saved searches  and instead of  images of the new items appearing instantly, you have to click again to see them as part the whole list.  This is incredibly tedious and time-consuming.  We all lead busy lives and would like to be able to do this quickly every day.  

I have the exact same issue - very annoying and time consuming as it involves extra steps to see what you are after. - Bad user experience

My guess is someone in marketing decided you have more of a chance of buying something if you click through and are have to navigate around - ie you see other items.
Rather than just seeing the new listings in your email and deciding not to click through to eBay - as none interest you.

Either way It is a bad user experience and annoying. 

Yes it happened to mine as well.  No longer quickly and easily seeing which are the "new" items has made the feature worthless to me so I think unless it gets changed back I'll just have remove the emails on the saved searches.

Seems like such a user-hostile change probably designed to get more website hits, or at least one made by someone who has no clue on user experience (but I'm guessing it's the first reason).

eBay in their wisdom have given us yet another "enhanced buying and selling experience". We just have to grin and bear it unfortunately.

When they "improved" the saved search formats for saved sellers and saved searches I ended up deleting well over 50% of my searches..................

Just wanted to check, did everyone get their thumbnails back as of yesterday? Or just me

Same here, who ever thought this was a good idea was wrong. It is too time consuming and if this is how ebay is "helping" buyers, it is not working.

Interestingly, I still see thumbnails for sponsored items underneath 🧐

Image 16.jpg

Same here. I use the emails to view new listings for items needed for my work.

Now the thumbnails are gone you have to click on the link to view "New matches" or "All results".

It's a time suck 😖