Ebay allowing seller to offer unrealistic warranties and not offering any support

I bought some Makita Ni-MH drill batteries from a seller  who had I thought a reasonable rating of 99.2% on 1700 sales back in October 2023

This seller offered a 5 year warranty. Also seller said was located in Dandenong South Vic  Australia

Come Jan 2024, one battery was not charging and I contacted the seller and got no response.  I tried again a week later and again no response. 

So I called Ebay up and they basically told me that anything after 30 days Ebay guarantee is my problem and and they could not help me but might suspend the seller if they bother to investigate (eg others complain).

So the questions are 

a) why does Ebay allow seller to offer a 5 year warranty and not provide some process to   enforce it (eg under ACL the importer/ retailer is liable for manufacturer if they fail to make good on the implied warranties) 

b) how is the seller allowed to stay on ebay if they have not responsed to a warranty request

c) why can't I revise my positive feedback given the seller has broken the contract  

d)  what the point of a 30 days Ebay warranty if Ebay are knowingly allowing a seller to offer a 5 year warranty without any reasonable basis of ensuring that the seller will in fact offer it (eg misleading and deceptive conduct under Australia Consumer Law  and Unfair  Contract Act in case EBay please they are only a platform) 

e) any process available to get the name and address of the seler to pursue a Fiar Trading claim 

Interested in views ?

View Entire Topic

An IT lawyer - who can't read the information given in an eBay listing. LOL