It seems that recent changes have broken the navigation path to the HiFi sales section.

It seems that recent changes have broken the navigation path to the HiFi sales section. You used to select "Electronics" then "Hifi stereo systems" (or something similar).

Now I find I have to do a search on the word "HiFi" rather than using one of the selection list group options, and I get something that looks like teh old grouping.  However I notice the section is a shadow of its former self.  I would suggest that is because it is not obvious for ebayers to find.  I find it strange that ebay would effectively sabotage a sales category this way.

Can the HiFi group list item be returned please.

View Entire Topic

Hi, jinka2004,

Note: you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

I agree with you that it's very non-intuitive now in terms of quite a few categories.

I tried out the search for Hi-fi items, and it seems that eBay have decided to make it like this:

Electronics   >   Home Audio Stereos, Components   >   Compact & Shelf Stereos

They also have this:

Electronics   >   Home Audio Stereos, Components   >   HiFi Separates Systems/Combos

... which reveals:

Shop by Category

Audio Electronics

•     HiFi Separates Systems/Combos
  •     Audio Amplifiers
  •     Amplifier Parts & Components
  •     Audio Cassette Tape Decks
  •     Cassette Player Parts & Components
  •     Audio CD Players & Recorders
  •     Hi Fi Systems
  •     Home Audio Equalizers
  •     Speakers & Subwoofers
  •     Karaoke Equipment
  •     MiniDisc Players
  •     Home Audio Radio Tuners
  •     Audio Receivers
  •     Audio Record Players & Turntables
  •     Speaker Parts & Components
  •     Turntable Parts
  •     Other Audio Electronics

If you click onto the link for Hi Fi Systems, it then shows as:

Electronics   >   Audio Electronics   >   Hi Fi Systems

Confused? You should be... my head is certainly spinning!

But I hope that helps a little. You should probably bookmark the links that you want to be able to get to without this never-ending maze of confusion.

As for asking eBay to fix the categories, you might as well howl at a nice round camembert (read eBay's Unsolicited Idea submissions policy to see just how much they (don't) value member suggestions), but if you want to try getting ebay to fix these categories, use this link to send eBay an email about it. It probably won't do any good, because eBay's email responses are bot-based, but it can't do any harm.