WHY DID I RECEIVED A CALL FROM EBAY REGARDING POSSIBLE PURCHASE?

jovin-51
Community Member

i received a phone call from ebay (0451181922} today at approx 2.09pm asking if I authorised a purchase for $399. Of which I didnt, cant afford to do so.  It looks like a scam is at it again. i will be notifying my bank of this matter. please look into this matter for me.... 

View Entire Topic

"I do hope you didn't "press 1" or anything like that if prompted to by the scam phone call."

I press "1" every chance I get. And give them hell when the start reading from their script. My approach depends on my mood: play dumb and string them along ("Do you have any Windows open" - "Well no, it's winter, all my windows are shut..."), or when they state they're from Telstra / ATO / NBN, I just keep politely repeating "No you're not, you're a scammer", or I offer one of my wide range of horrifyingly offensive and racist comments, or maybe imply their conception was the result of incest, that sort of thing. After all, it's not like they can complain to anyone...

Usually, they just hang up. I've had a few get frustrated and yell, and I actually had one call me back a while ago (after I'd suggested he catch coronavirus and die, then hung up...). Bad decision on his part - he was almost in tears by the end of the second call, howling with rage, with me laughing hysterically. Very satisfying...