Returning items after partial delivery refund

andze_6928
Community Member

Hi, I have received only partial delivery of items and the items I have received aren't matching the item description. So I needed to get refund for partial delivery and return items and get a refund for that. I have already contacted the seller and couldn't get much done there. So I have clicked on items not received and requested a refund for that thinking that I can return the items on another request. It didn't let me! I did get partial refund but I can't do anything to return the items as the seller is not cooperating. I have contact support and they said they fix it day after but now it's day 3 and nothing got done.

What can I do? Is the only to way to return the items and get refund to contact PayPal?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andze_6928
Community Member

Just an update. I've contacted Customer Service again and they said they can't help me for technical reasons and I need to go to PayPal. EBay Money Back Guarantee is not what it says if they don't let you do both: get refund for not delivered items and return delivered items even though the seller offers 30-day returns and they are not as described.

The only way out of this is to never buy more that one item and buy only what you can afford to lose. I'd rather pay double the prize for the item outside of eBay rather than risking to lose my money,  get bellow standard products and go through endless process of communication that is only to designed to delay you and rip you off. What an emotional roller coaster!

This is exactly why eBay is getting bad name and spoils it for many good honest sellers out there, unfortunately customers have no way of saying which seller will do you over even if they have good rating. Many customers don't bother reporting bad purchases under $20.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

A tip for next time, if any.

If you only receive part of an order, don't open a case for "item not received".

If the seller can prove delivery through tracking, you won't get a refund for any part of the order.

Open a case for "not as described".  That will let you return the items you have received to the seller and you should also get a refund if you don't allow the case to time out.

It can be very confusing at times navigating all the options, and sometimes we choose the wrong one, but should learn from that for next time.