Seller has cancelled order due to no stock but they still have item listed on ebay.

I accidentally wrote this on the USA eBay community forums so I guess I'll repeat it here since I'm having problems talking to eBay Australia via eBay

I paid for an item and seller waited until they received the money a few days later before telling me they were out of stock and would take 2 to 3 weeks to get back into stock. They wanted to know if I wanted to wait or if I wanted a refund.

I chose to get a refund and when I told eBay I had received the refund in the reason section it said The buyer asked to cancel the order, or there's an issue with the buyer's address.which while correct is misleading. It was due to out of stock issue by seller that the order was cancelled.

Also the item is still listed now on eBay as available in the colour I desired

I have reported the item above as fraudulent as that was the closest reason I could give. However I don't know what to choose in the eBay Contact Us section to let eBay know about this fraudulent activity.

The item in question is a mobile phone case worth $12.

What else can I do to keep the eBay community safe?

I'd prefer to email rather then to phone though and as I mentioned it's hard to find the right pathway for eBay Australia.

I've already received the refund and have already purchased another product which ended up being cheaper.

I still want to keep the eBay community safe though.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)