What can I do about a seller backing out of an offer and cancelling after I'd already ordered?

Today I got a great offer which was over 99% off the BIN price. I claimed it as soon as I saw it, the went to the checkout and payed. About 10 minutes later, the seller cancelled citing "Out of stock or broken". I do not beleive this as I'd just received the offer, why would it suddenly be out of stock or broken? I messaged the seller asking why it was cancelled, and no reply at this point. Was this seller just trolling, and what can I do about this situation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Did you really, seriously think you were going to get an item going for over $400 for just over $3? 

Really?

Did that not seem 'too good to be true' ?

Obviously a mistake, which no matter how quickly you jumped on was still a mistake

You can't do anything, eBay are not going to make the seller sell it to you for that

But as mentioned, the selling will get a big fat defect on their account for doing so

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Move on & find the item from another seller.

@jaad_1864 wrote:

Was this seller just trolling, and what can I do about this situation?

It was obviously a mistake on the seller's part - nobody would offer 99% off their items.

Nothing you can do about it ,  but the seller will get a defect for the "out of stock" option to cancel.