eBay delivery estimates far too conservative

Ebay estimate from UK  Mar/Apr, actual 8 working days

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

"Rather uncalled for agro in the replies. Why would I not believe eBay estimate? Only if it looked totally unrealistic. Where does 6 months come into it, I am talking about a current transaction. A lot more detail needed? It is very simple.

I purchased an item from UK on 4 Nov. eBay delivery estimated 22 Mar -14 Apr. Actual delivery 16 Nov.  Hence my query/opinion. I suggest eBay estimate is very misleading."

You must be pretty thin skinned, I don't see any aggro in the responses at all. You were just asked to clarify some of your post.

Regarding the long ETA, I can only assume the item is coming by sea hence the delay, that's if the UK even uses seamail now - I know the US doesn't for eBay.

Edit. G'day Papermoon.

Hello padi*0409....a totally false conclusion. You are assuming the delivery estimate is correct and trying to explain it. It was obviously wildly excessive (my original point) as the actual delivery was 8 business days. And I found the post by daveWil1964 rather agressive.

The seller was very surprised when I quoted that delivery date.  I think eBay sets delivery dates.

from their blurb:

We use Royal Mail Airmail to ship to addresses outside the UK  Overseas delivery times can be quite variable, but most items arrive in 1 to 2 weeks. Delays beyond our control can occur occasionally, however, so if it takes a little longer please be patient.

I think they're just covering themselves, due to Covid

Item number 252033622916

What is the item number?

Sorry, typo, 16 Nov.

Did you miss the sentence "Actual delivery 17 Nov"?

I purchased an item from the UK on the 23rd of October and the estimated delivery was 8-22 November. It arrived on the 9th.

I don't know why your delivery estimate is 6 months. Even economy from China is 2 months.

Maybe the seller indicated an extremely long handling time to avoid cases.

I have bought many times from the UK, and the estimated delivery has never been that long.

Edit: The seller uses Economy Postage, but the delivery estimate seems to be exaggerated. At any rate, for economy, it arrived pretty quickly. In my experience, economy from the UK takes about a month.

Rather uncalled for agro in the replies. Why would I not believe eBay estimate? Only if it looked totally unrealistic. Where does 6 months come into it, I am talking about a current transaction. A lot more detail needed? It is very simple.

I purchased an item from UK on 4 Nov. eBay delivery estimated 22 Mar -14 Apr. Actual delivery 16 Nov.  Hence my query/opinion. I suggest eBay estimate is very misleading.

I don't understand the March/April part either. Can you give us more details or explain?

Deliveries from the UK seem to work pretty well where I live. I had items arrive in a week, the average being 2 weeks, although I won't buy from overseas so close to Christmas.

8 days from the UK is pretty good.  Even if eBay's estimate was next day, why would you believe it, and why are you complaining over 6 months later about it?

Your post doesn't make sense. Are you talking about a delivery that happened in March/April or one that's in transit ?

A lot more details needed to help you.