iphone App 5.3 issues: New search results don't show "more options" on results

I have issues with the latest mobile app for iphones for ebay. I do hate it when newer apps or "upgrades" are actually downgrades that remove features, that we are not only used to, but are also indispensible. The 5.3 version for iOS iphones is a rather major workover which requires a significant learning curve (again) to navigate the app, but for no apparent gain. 

Combine that with the loss of features, and it is a real nightmare.

One feature I miss the most is when searching for something, in the previous versions, the results would tag results where listings had "options to be chosen", with "more options" shown in the result. 

Multiple item listing is a heavily abused feature on ebay, with many sellers using it for search manipulation. E.g. one related item would be listed very cheap to get to the top of the result page (when searching for cheapest first)

Hitherto, however, I've been able to see "more options" on the search result page and studiously avoild looking at those listings. With the newest upgrade, that is no longer possible, as it does not show more options, YOu actually have to tap into the listing to find it has all the search manipulation garbage.

E-bay should ideally allow us not to see ads like this (a checkbox would be nice) as part of our search result. If they are unwilling to do that, at least leave the useful features in the app. Why make the app upgrade a painful process for your users?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)