11 items received and 1 is wrong

legarlu
Community Member

Recently purchased bathroom accessories x 11 from seller, cost approx $600.00.   They were all packed in 1 box and Isigned for at post office.  When I opened the box 1 of the items was wrong.  I haven't yet contacted the seller advising there is a problem but wanted some advice first.  As the seller sent the wrong item should I have to return it at my cost.  In their description it states tthat buyers pays for returns.    If the seller is not obliging and  I open a paypal dispute for SNAD I would still have to pay to return item at my cost? Or should I just keen the wrong item and not do anything?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You will need to send it back at your expense if you open an item not as described claim.

Same for a credit card chargeback.

Talk to the seller, as it was their mistake, they might offer to pay for the return. You are not changing your mind, where it would be fair for you to cover the return costs. See what they say.

If you get the feeling they are not helpful, you may be better off returning it through a Paypal claim to make sure you do get your money back. But you would be required to send it tracked, as proof. I would send it tracked regardless, so they cannot say they did not get it.

Hopefully, you are dealing with a good seller who will not leave you out of pocket. Just tell them what the problem is, and maybe include a photo to show them what you did get. Take it from there but do not let your 45 days of Paypal buyer protection run out.

If the item was cheap, get a quote for return costs, to see if it is worth it if the seller will not cover it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Let the seller know, they may agree to cover return costs

but they don't have to.

If you open the dispute, it is likely that you will have to return the entire order at your expense, but no harm in trying, you don't have to follow through

DO NOT ask the seller for a partial refund unless he says he offers that in his listing - let him offer the solution. If he comes back and says "return it for exchange/refund whatever, nothing wrong with replying "Thank you for that. Will this be at my expense? I don't think that is very fair considering this is your error and not a change of mind purchase"

IF you go to dispute, you will have the option of asking for a partial refund there if you want. The seller can reject or accept.

If the seller doesn't provide you with a satisfactory response, there is nothing wrong with opening a dispute, and no harm, you can cancel it whenever you want to.

Now, here is where it does get tricky, if the seller does offer exchange/return I personally would never return anything without the diorection of PayPal. We hear a lot of stories here on the boards where members return things and they never see their item or thewir refund

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Good  news.   Seller apologised and sent the correct item.  Hasn't asked for the return of the incorrect item.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply