50% Off Coupon?

I don't think so!

50%-Coupon.jpg

Vouchers.jpg

Is this a glitch or eBay's idea of clickbait?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

50% Off Coupon?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Possibly a mistake but I would click on it and see what the Terms are.

I have never seen such a generous discount offered but there is always a first time.

The 5% discount offers are fairly frequent.....a new one started yesterday for me.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

50% Off Coupon?

I have never seen a 5% off voucher advertised there, so it is probably something else. Usually 5% off vouchers are advertised like in your second screenshot.

Once I suddenly noticed a $20 off voucher Flybuys had granted me even without the necessary points (no email about it, so I only noticed it because I was logged in). Just check what it is. I don't think it is one of eBay usual vouchers.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

50% Off Coupon?

It is not a 5% discount.....it is 50% which is why I said I have never seen such a generous discount.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

50% Off Coupon?

Yes, I know, but the OP seemed to think that it might be the 5% off voucher (possibly a glitch in the advertising or clickbaiting), so I just pointed out that I have never seen a 5% off voucher or actually any other eBay voucher advertised there, right below Flybuys (so it is probably not a glitch, but something else).

Maybe it is a voucher from a particular seller because the OP bought something that entitles him/her to buy a second item 50% off?

We cannot know for sure of course.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

50% Off Coupon?

Our notifications recently showed we had a 30% off coupon.

However, when we clicked on the notification the only discounts that showed were 5%.

Like you, not sure if it was a glitch or clickbait.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

50% Off Coupon?

Recently I had a 30% voucher showing in the dropdown menu, but it only appeared there when I was on certain pages and clicking on it would just take me to the page showing the 5% offer.

ebay may honour it if you contact them with screenshots but make sure the items you want to buy are already in your cart as they might issue a voucher with a dollar value based on what is in the cart rather than provide a code.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

50% Off Coupon?

I'm doubtful it's a legitimate offer. After I click on it, the link disappears from the drop-down menu and occasionally reappears later.

Given that a similar thing happened to wide-world-of-stamps (with a different amount), it could be more than just a typo.

Even if the discount does exist, I imagine it'd be limited to specific products and/or stores. Not whole categories like the 5% coupon.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

50% Off Coupon?

The current 5% offers are site wide.....any seller, any item.

The higher value offers are usually more specific....some sellers, some categories and always a much higher spend to qualify.

Currently ebay has a nasty little habit of ending offers early.  They away with it by stating that the offer is available while it shows on ebay.au.

Problem is they are now closing the offers which have a specific ending date....the last 5% offer was claosed with 17 hours still to go.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

50% Off Coupon?

I think sometimes one offer will override the other when it comes to the dropdown bit at the top.  I've had the odd offer for $20 off if I spend $30, which is 66% off, but those are pretty rare and are usually when I haven't bought anything for quite a few months.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply