99% of Apple accessories listed on eBay are complete counterfeits.

mr_graz
Community Member

99% of the apple accessories listed on eBay are complete fake counterfeit products.

Charger cables, earpods, keyboards etc...

Fake lightning charger cables destroy the charger port pins in your iphone and you will not be able to charge your iphone!

Fake ear phones sound quality is ten times worse than genuine Apple ear phones and break ten times faster!

What really annoys me the most is that these sellers are selling hundreds and thousands of these accessories and the average buyer doesn't know any better! They think if the item looks identical to the genuine Apple product then it must be genuine! I can see in the sellers feedback that maybe 5% of buyers (who were smart enough to realize the item was fake) have left negative feedback saying the item was fake, but ebay still lets the user continue to sell hundreds of these cheap fake items to the masses...

And a lot of these scammers are listed as "top sellers" by eBay! ebay is supporting organized crime!

The charger cable I bought destroyed my iphone charging port. I hold ebay liable for this. I am thinking of pursuing a class action lawsuit against eBay and I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of other people who have bought products off eBay that have damaged their iphones too!

thoughts? ideas?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You mean it has taken you 12 years to realise this?

You would probably find that 90% of big brand name items on ebay are counterfeit which is why it is buyer beware.

You should read the boards for a while and see why most of us avoid big brand name items.

The genuine items are much the same price as ordinary retail but if you buy retail you have proper guarantees.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Something needs to be done against ebay then. Especially if this has been going on for 12 years

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I am sure it has been going on for a lot more than 12 years.....my reference to 12 years was because that is the length of time you have been an ebay member on this ID.  Most of us work out the counterfeit issue very early in our ebay careers.

You can report fakes to ebay if you have the proof.  Having said that, you need irrefutable proof as ebay will not act to remove listings on just the say so of another member.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

so there is aprox 1.000.000 listing for apple products and you have checked them all out ,  wow you must of been busy.

it would not be easy to check every listing in the world by ebay or anyone else , as lyndal said if it looks too good its prob a fake and stay clear of them .

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

I think you need to do some more research, I have bought genuine apple products on here. They are not all fake
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Sweet. I think I might start selling cocaine on eBay then. I'll just list it as baking powder. and I can sell weed just as long as I list it as tea leaves... thanks eBay! Cuz apparently eBay is pathetic at telling if it's genuine or not! shweet! thanks for the idea guys! 🙂

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

mr graz   whats your problem ,there are going to be fakes from time to time  but ebay cant just say anybody selling apple products or adidas or nike or bla bla products then they are all false copies. they do have a [nad] policy , so if someone states that its a genuine product and its not they can claim there money back. now what I suggest if you have 100 years to spare check all of the 1.000.000 adds on just apple products even the edible ones , and go to everyones houses or business and chech and report with your proof of false products , 

ps  I ate a red delicious apple today I am sure it was a gala apple, maybe I should of called you for advice mr graz-apple   mmmm

have a nice time

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

ebay should implement a policy where if the seller receives 5 negative feedback all stating the same product was fake then to completely ban their account. How hard is that? Make sure the negative feedback come from users with at least 100 feedback stars to ensure the validity of the complaint is not someone trying to ruin someones reputation.

jeez. I just thought of that idea in 2 minutes. problem completely solved. boom. I am going to go start a better ebay website now... thanks. 😉

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

the problem with your system is simple , instead of answering in 2 minutes , have a think about it  you would have sellers buying from them ,then leaving 5 neg feed back from different accounts or friends and under your system .there account would close . 

no more competitor,  mmmmmmmmmmmmm 

its simple if someone has bad negs with stating false article  [dont buy from them]

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply