Am I the only one who is super frustrated with the way sellers list their items?

I hate with a passion the way listings are done with a oicture of say a pillow and a price of .99c, then when u click on it you find it is realyy $4 and the item that is .99c is a hair tie or something else totally unrelated.  Fine they want to advertise multiple numbers then make it that they ALL have to be the same price - its not that hard.  It is deceiptful advertising by sellers and makes shopping for an item really painful.  I have actually been using ebay less because more often than not, what your shopping for always has some other cheaper item that I didnt want in the first place.  Really as far as Im concerned its false advertising and I on purpose will not buy from a seller who adopts this policy.  Ebay needs to address this as it is unfair to those who do the right thing with their listings and thern their are those who want to be at the top of the list as having the cheapest item however they are doing it in a deceiptful way

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Am I the only one who is super frustrated with the way sellers list their items?

No.

The cheats always ruin it for the rest.

Hope they realize one day the damage they have caused and hang their heads in shame.

Just like the reason we now pay fees on the postage part caused by the cheaters.

And get warnings for sending contact details for buyers to inspect before buying.

I could go on. Smiley Mad

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Agreed and yet there is such an easy fix, all listings should have one price only - simple!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

eBay are unlikely to make it so all items are the same price because that would exclude many compliant listings. They even have quantity listings in their own store where the difference between the lowest and highest prices are fairly big.

What they need to do is enforce the policies and end non-compliant listings.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Agreed, hate it, it's very misleading in some ads.

I don't mind variable ads where you can get the item in a different size or colour or even design or whatever, but only if it is the 'same' sort of item.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I can't stand listings that put words in the title that have nothing to do with the item.

Eames.  The item could be a genuine Eames item or a repro or in the style of or (at a stretch esp if it's a knock-off) of that era....but when it clearly isn't any of those the seller is just wasting a buyer's time. 

Another problem is Art Nouveau (and Art Deco).  If you don't know what they are in terms of style, or the items were made DECADES after those eras and are not repros, don't describe them as Art Nouveau or Deco.  I've seen 50s era items (something that is collected in it's own right) described as Art Deco.  Arrggghhh.

Antique.....where do I start?  Something made 20 years ago and has sat in a cupboard somewhere is not an antique.  Try around a 100 years and you'd be nearer the mark.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Try looking at stamps - not only do you get "old", "ancient, ""antique", "very rare", etc for common, torn stamps from the 70s, but the best one is "from last century". Sounds good until you realise that was less than 20 years ago!
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@aujoh_4llpe wrote:
Try looking at stamps - not only do you get "old", "ancient, ""antique", "very rare", etc for common, torn stamps from the 70s, but the best one is "from last century". Sounds good until you realise that was less than 20 years ago!

I hear you.  I don't collect stamps but there are other things I collect.  Vintage (without mentioning a year) is a real pain.  I collect TV related stuff from the 60s.  Some shows were rescreened in the UK in the 90s and early 2000s.  Apparently merchandise for the TV shows from then are just as 'vintage' as the 1960s items.  I don't think so.....

Got to love 'very rare'.  I also collect Barbie doll outfits (vintage, repro and whatever else appeals to me that will fit the dolls I've got).  I've seen some dolls from the early 2000s or late 1990s described as very rare with prices to match.  But when you're looking at anywhere from 6 to 8 identical boxed dolls they are hardly rare.  Some sellers have had the same doll listed for YEARS, with a price so high no one will buy it.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I love it when items from the 50s are described as Antiques.

I was born before that and I am hardly an Antique.....just Vintage!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I think cooking shows are worse for the ego. Last might I heard one person say it reminded them of something from the UGH. '90s!!!

What? That's just yesterday. The '70s food comes in for a lot of criticism too. A lot of my cook books must be 'vintage'.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply