Anyone know anything about ordering Xbox games on ebay??

I want to get my hubby the new Halo 4 360 ,    Its about 80 bux at target,  but Ive seen it for about 55 bux on Ebay.     I dont know much about xbox games so Im not sure what type of copy I would be getting if I ordered online.  I looked at some of the sellers feedback and saw there was a bit of negative, product not as described etc-     Just wondering if these sellers are getting copies from China that are in chinese subtitiles???     I pretty much want the exact same game as I would get in a store here. 

Also noticed some said they had Australian/English subtitles-  would that mean its the same copy as what i would buy here,  or is it slightly different and modified for the Australian buyers.   Sorry.... so confused.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you want the same as you would get in the shops here then buy it in the shops here. You know what you are getting and will have guarantees etc.

Are you for real asking about subtitled items. Of course it is not what you would buy here...it is in a foreign language with English subtitles.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

not all xbox games sold are produced just for the Aussie market, some are imports from china etc, so if it states it has subtitles i'm guessing its an import. I have had success buying games here on ebay, I recently bought the new call of duty black ops II game, no hassles, it was the real deal and alot cheaper than instore, which is surprising for a new release game.

Sounds like your are doing your homework well. Let the sellers feedback be your guide, read the descriptions, and look for "top rated seller" status. if your worried about getting a copy, try clicking on "Australia" for the location to minimise your search.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Try searching for an eBay store called Xbite games.. I deal with them often; cheap games, good service and the games are all in English as they are based in the UK..

Notice; I am not advertising stores outside of eBay, merely directing someone to an eBay store where I have bought games

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

stormoz
Community Member

usually its best to buy from retail shops but you can get good deals on ebay, just make sure the cover is the same and it is made for australia not cheap oversea's version which wont even have the booklet with rules etc for the game. 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

thanx  to those with helpful answers 😉

Lyndal sorry if you misunderstood me about the subtitles as I am not an idiot,   What i meant was that some of the descriptions made mention of subtitles being in english/australia so i wasnt sure if the game actually has a script that comes up-  of course i would be confused about this as all the sellers i looked at were based in australia.   I guess im concerned as to if they are getting the games from china and thats why they were selling for cheap,  or maybe they are coming from the states.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Some games actually let you change the game's language.. It's really annoying playing an RPG based in Japan and the characters all have American accents, in this case you can change the language to Japanese but have English subtitles

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

stormoz
Community Member

forgot to mention that it should be a PAL version. 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Halo-4-Xbox-360-GAME-FREE-AUST-POSTAGE-/130809119000?pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e74d4c118&_uhb=1#ht_2920wt_1139

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

stormoz
Community Member

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HALO-4-XBOX-360-LIKE-NEW-/221162058068?pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item337e493154&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1156

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

stormoz
Community Member

as long as you pay through paypal you should be covered if the game doesnt work etc the 2 links I posted show what you should be looking for. 

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply