Aussie posts useless emails

i often recieve emails from AP proclaiming my item is "on its way"

with a Tracking Number

but when i click on the number it takes me to a AP tracking page that tells me bugga all about the parcel.

doesnt say where its comming from in any way. not a problem if your only expecting 1 parcel i guess.

but if your waiting on say 10 or 20 items, there is no way to know which item they are telling you your going to get.

hows about the senders name? or post code?

something so i can go, ahh, thats my item from fred nerk!

why should i need to delve into umpteen purchase orders looking if i can match up the tracking number to an item?

oh, and then there are those other emails saying

your item is on board for delivery today

only to get another a few hours later saying 'your delivery wont be delivered today!'

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You usually have to re-enter the tracking number when you are redirected to the AP tracking site.   I have never had a problem with the tracking showing up then.  It usually shows the PO where it was lodged, not the name and address of the actual seller.

As for the 2 emails.....the one stating that the item is on board with the driver is generated when the driver picks the parcel up from the delivery centre and scans it.

The next one is usually generated when the driver scans it as delivered, either to you or left at the PO for you to collect.

I have never in my life had an email telling me it will not be delivered that day.  To my knowledge there is no function in the AP scanners for that information to be generated.

Are you sure the second email does not say that it has been delivered.....With driver and delivered are the 2 emails I usually get with tracked parcels.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

i just did a quick look back at emails recieved from AP and the most recent 'its coming its not coming' emails were on the 28th and 29th of january.

on the 28th i got an email, your delivery from ****** is coming tomorrow.

on the 29th i got an email 'your delivery from ****** is unlikely to arrive today.

this is how its happened a few times, i'm positive if i go back further this has happened on the same day a few hours apart.

i dont know why or how an items scanned into the system to get this result.

perhaps AP has some bugs to iron out.

as for the emails with the tracking number, as i send most of my items with just standard mail with tracking i put a lot of tracking numbers into the bit on ebay where you put the tracking number.

these email tracking numbers look different to the ones i get when mailing my items.

mine allways have the letter 'R' at the begining then a series of numbers. 1 letter and 15 numbers

the ones from AP in the emails have a letter in the middle of the series of numbers. total of 11 numbers and 1 letter

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If I get a notification from My Post about a parcel that's coming, it always tells me who the sender is. If you have the My Post app on your phone, tap the arrow under the tracking number at the top. It's only if I manually upload tracking numbers that it doesn't show who it's from.

I haven't checked the tracking page online for ages, but from memory it looked the same as the app. If there's a down arrow somewhere, click on that and see if there is anything in there. 

Edit: if you haven't subscribed to My Post, then I'm thinking all bets are off.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

hi tippy, havent seen you in a while 🙂

i dont have a smart phone, just the old old .................old fashioned one that just makes calls lol

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

i'd suggest getting a parcel tracking app or software on either your phone (if your phone is capable of it) or on your computer. there's multiple 3rd party apps where you can enter the tracking number and a description of your choosing.

i use this to monitor both parcels i'm expecting to receive and also ones i've sent out (so that i can keep an eye on their delivery status). 

what i do is when i got a notification from ebay that my item has been posted (if i've bought an item) then i enter the tracking number and a description of what the item is - then i have all of the info in one place where i can keep tabs on it rather than the annoying AP emails you're talking about or checking numbers individually on their website :] 

i've just now read that you don't have a smartphone - if you have a mac computer, the app "parcel" is one of the best. if you have a PC, i'm not sure what sorts of package tracking programs are available, but there should be some available if you do some searching :] 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply