Australia post

I checked my phone today and got a message to say my parcels were delivered yesterday, via a photo (picture of 2 parcels at my front door) Is this the norm now for Australia Post? Excuse have insomnia!!! 1 parcel from REMOVED. Other local.....

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Australia post

I'd so love it if our parcels were photographed, because then I'd have something to throw at AP when they think my front door is a "safe place", so will safe drop, including SOD parcels (they sign for it and safe drop it, which kind of defeats the purpose of paying for SOD so it won't be dropped!). I have no front fence. My front door is about 15 feet from the footpath and in full view. AP think that it's safe to lean parcels against my front door so that anyone walking past can duck in and steal it......which they have.

I got a notification on Thursday that a parcel was coming that day. A day earlier than expected. We were in Sydney. I rang a friend to ask if she could grab it when it arrived. I said I'd let her know when the app told me it was delivered, plus I could check the CCTV. She happened to be driving past running errands, when she saw the delivery van pull up. She stopped and told him that we were away, could he chuck the parcel over the fence into the back yard. He did. Shame I can't get them to do that all the time! Yet, I know next week, another parcel will be leaned up against my front door, with them thinking it's a safe place, in full view of the street.

Why can't I be one of those people mentioned in another thread where someone was complaining that all their parcels were carded and sent to the PO? I WANT TO BE THAT PERSON!!!

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Australia post

I've never received an email like that. Mine normally come as a series. eg Your parcel is on its way; Your parcel is due to be delivered tomorrow; Your parcel is onboard the van for delivery today; Your parcel has been delivered.

I've never actually received a photo but maybe they are moving to that format. I'll watch my emails carefully next time a delivery is due!

I can see why they are tempted to do it as it could be a proof of sorts that the parcel actually arrived at the correct address (if you can see some of the surroundings next to the parcel). But to me, it is not definite proof the person actually received it into their little hot hands. It's unlikely I know, but who is to say the delivery man or a passing person didn't just pick up the parcel and walk off soon after the parcel was photographed?

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Australia post

No, but I think if there are certain addresses that have had many problems or queries before, AP will ensure they are covered.

Edit - to daydreams Smiley LOL

image host
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Australia post

Surprise, surprise

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Australia post

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If a parcel does not require a signature the postmen can leave them in a safe place and take a photo.

it has been this way for a while.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Australia post

Just to clarify the point.

As lyndal said, more and more carriers are taking photo's especially with safe drops but I don't think it is the norm for AP.

Perhaps it should be, covers AP, may help recipient with a private insurance claim and goes towards covering the sender.

image host
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Australia post

It is the norm for Australia Post and StarTrack kopes.......it has been for a few years now.

AP is in the process of upgrading the scanners to make it easier for the posties.

As usual, false economy......when AP introduced the scanners they bought a scanner that was already obsolete.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Australia post

I understand they have been taking pics for a while but have never had the pic sent to me with the delivery email - is this the new norm?

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Australia post

@lyndal1838 wrote:

It is the norm for Australia Post and StarTrack kopes.......it has been for a few years now.

AP is in the process of upgrading the scanners to make it easier for the posties.

As usual, false economy......when AP introduced the scanners they bought a scanner that was already obsolete.

I don't think Michelle was disputing that delivery drivers are taking photos, she had the photos emailled to her. I'd not heard of that happening before. I'd just be grateful if mine actually took photos. Even better if they email them!

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Australia post

@lyndal1838 wrote:

No. I get a lot of parcels from both and have never had a photo emailed to me.

image host
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply