BEEN SOLD A FAKE WATCH

I bought a $3000 watch 5-6 months ago off EBAY from a seller who had 100% rating on similar products. It came with plenty of documentation but no receipt so seemed very genuine. I only just took it in to be serviced and have been told it's a fake. EBay have told me that as it's after 30 days there is nothing they can do. REALLY?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

BEEN SOLD A FAKE WATCH

If you paid with Paypal they give 180 days from the time of purchase for a dispute. If you paid with a credit card you are more than likely out of time for a chargeback.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

BEEN SOLD A FAKE WATCH

Yes i am hold to the bank. Consumer affairs? VCAT? He is running a business, not a private seller...

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

BEEN SOLD A FAKE WATCH

I have no experience of using VCAT or Consumer Affairs, so I can't advise you there.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

BEEN SOLD A FAKE WATCH

Where is the seller registered?

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

BEEN SOLD A FAKE WATCH

on this a/c....if so, you haven't left f/b? Local or o'seas seller???

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

BEEN SOLD A FAKE WATCH

Melbourne Australia

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

BEEN SOLD A FAKE WATCH

I left positive feedback when i bought it as i was "HAPPY" with it at that point (June 22). I only found out today that it is fake

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

BEEN SOLD A FAKE WATCH

I hope you paid by PayPal.....you have 180 days (to the day) to submit a claim via them......otherwise a charge back through your bank via c/c.....do you have documentation from jeweller????

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

BEEN SOLD A FAKE WATCH

@cachecoco7991 wrote:

I left positive feedback when i bought it as i was "HAPPY" with it at that point (June 22). I only found out today that it is fake

There's no feedback left on this account in the last year, so did you buy it on a different account ?

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply