Back to the same on selling limit issue

last time took 9 months to get my selling limit raised fron 200 to 260 before I had a reply

So its been well over a month so i replied to get my limits lifted again 🙂 and it says to expect a reply usually witin 24-48 hours

It has been a week and nothing, looks like it might take another 9 months:^O

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Finally it all makes sense:-)

To get you limit raised, in my case I have to list my limit of 260, when you try listing number 261, you get an error message with a number to ring eBay. eBay will then increase your limit and you have to work with the new limit for 30 days before you can ask again

So I asked if I can get mine lifted when I have 8 listings up at the moment, what was i thinking?:|

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I dont get the idea of Selling limits.

If a seller is of good character has excellent reputation and gives fabulous service and product, they shoudl be celebrated by ebay and offered inducments to sell MORE on ebay. ...but then why place a limit on the seller. It seems someone in ebay HQ had their head screwed on wrong. 

Selling limits placed by ebay on honest and reliable sellers hurts:

The seller due to the limitations, The buyer, due to the number of less reputable sellers able to compete, and finally ebay of course as they miss out on listing fees and FV fees. There is really NO POINT in having these Selling limits at all. I can understand if they are placed on new commers first time sellers but with over 10 years of sucess on ebay and no complaints , it seems an insult to any intelligent and honset trader.

My advice , push for immediate removal of all selling limits for reputable traders.

or ould you rather buy from dodgy sellers who has greate volume in competition.

perhaps the ebay system is at fault and they just cannot handle the volume of advertisers during the build up to christmas??

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

This thread is 3 years old. The OP hasn't logged into the forums for 12 months. It's unlikely they will see your reply. There is no point in dredging up old posts to give advice because most of the time the OP's have never come back.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

And the question is usually out of date. Or the advice is pointless as the OP has already answered their own question.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply