Bought an interesting group of vintage glass, one item damaged by poor packing

another case of items damaged in transit this time from an Australian seller

4 pieces of  vintage glass, poor packaging in  thin shoe box with little padding or wrapping

3 are OK but one is chipped, should I just wear the loss or can I get a partial refund? Not all of the items were damaged

what feedback should I give too?

neutral??

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Forget about feedback for now.....concentrate on getting a resolution first.

First contact the seller and see what you can work out.  If you want a partial refund then ask for it.

If you get it and are happy then leave a positive but mark down the stars.

When you contact the seller make sure to send a photo of the damage.

If you open a dispute and ebay steps in you will have to return all items for a full refund.....ebay does not deal in partial refunds.

Once you have a satisfactory resolution you can leave feedback.  Whatever coloured dot you leave you can mention the poor packaging.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I'd do as lyndal suggested and contact the seller first, with a photo of the damage.

The seller might be very happy to arrange a partial refund. I know that in that situation, if i were the seller, I would. It's a quick, easy fix and cheaper than some other solutions.

But if that doesn't happen, you have recourse to an "item not as described' claim.

As for feedback, to me that would depend on how the seller handles the situation. Granted the packaging  may not have been perfect, the seller underestimated what was needed. But it wasn't intentional. If she steps up and rectifies the problem-offers you either a partial refund or full refund on return-then if I were a buyer, I'd probably give the seller a green dot, though the issue with packaging could be mentioned.

If you get no response or a poor response, then the feedback might be different. But give the seller a chance first.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

THANK YOU ... all very useful advice
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

THANK YOU - all very useful advice
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply