Buying fromseller with mobile phone app listing

I have had a few problems with sending messages to sellers who listed using an IPhone or similar.

The messages I send do not get to them and is frustrating when wanting to pay/ask qs etc.

Does the seller need the app to be running on the handset all the time, or, are the messages etc sent automatically to them?

Any one have this problem?

B

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

The app does not need to be open all the time on the phone to operate, however it may be that the seller does not have their ebay notifications for the app set to send an alert when the message comes in. They can however check their messages similar to how you check ebay messages on a regular computer.

The messages on the ebay app, just reflect the messages that are in your ebay on any computer.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Looks like apathy then on the part of the seller using an App. Eyes glazed and walking into traffic etc..............Thanks for the reply,cheers, B.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

As soon as I see an item has been listed using an iphone I hit the back button.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

mmm ....  might start listing on my phone ?:|

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

As soon as I see an item has been listed using an iphone I hit the back button.

Same. More often than not there is hardly any description. Sometimes none at all.

I only use the app to bid and add to my watchlist. An iPhone is just too small, IMO, to list with it.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

mmm ....  might start listing on my phone

You are quite safe.........................at least until November :^O;-)

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Lol ...thanks for heads up B-)

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

lol, what happens in November?

I use the eBay for Android (not good enough to own an iPhone lol ;-)) app to buy and browse listings and check my sales when I wake up. Or if I know I'm not going to get to my PC for a while I'll reply to a message on it.

It's just so much better to do anything important on a PC in My eBay.

"I thought an Android was something from Star Wars"
- Mum
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

from previous posts I gather - Nov heralds a return by poster from afar to our fair Australian shores with a coinciding increase in their ebay activity

I luv the mobile app - it makes me a far better, happier, contented  seller - I have a full and demanding life beyond ebay and can't always sit down at a computer to answer queries, check what I need to post etc etc it means I can actually ... well mostly ... stay on top of things

Luv too ... loads of the sellers who just list from phone apps - as I have picked up some fantastic bargains from people on the run or casual sellers who don't give a hoot about ebay nicetys - they just want to sell their stuff quick - - works for me :^O:-x

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply