Can a seller relist an item that has payment pending on it, I paid by paypal, but the payment is unc

I have bought an item and paid for it by paypal, but the payment says unclaimed, I have rang paypal, and they are saying the seller has two paypal accounts, and the payment I have made has gone to the account that has a different currency linked to it. Now the seller has suggested I pay again to his other account, and that he doesn't use the account where the money is sitting unclaimed. He has also said if he doesn't recieve payment again by the end of the week he will relist, can a seller relist if there is a payment pending, I do want the item.but feel I shouldn't have to pay again, the seller, says he has tried to contact paypal but they were rude to him?
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Can a seller relist an item that has payment pending on it, I paid by paypal, but the payment is unc

rjm6572
Community Member

i wouldnt be paying for the item again, i think its up to the seller to get his/her paypal up to date

the seller is not being fair because they said if they dont receive payment by the end of the week they will relist

if you dont receive your item in 7-10 days i would open up a INR dispute

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
Email your seller and tell them that once they've actioned a refund of your payment into their alternate account (which is their fault for having had the wrong account details listed in their ebay selling information) and it has appeared in your Paypal balance, you will then pay that balance into the correct account, and not a moment sooner.

If he relists or hits you with a UPI in the interim, contact ebay with the Paypal payment advice details and as rjm6572 says, lodge an INR as well, and when everything has been finalised, make sure you also leave the appropriate feedback.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If the payment is unclaimed then you can just cancel it and then ask the seller to either send you a Paypal invoice or provide the correct email address to make payment to. As long as you tick the box to say you are paying for goods you will have exactly the same buyer protection as you would have if you paid through ebay, it is actually the seller who is taking a risk if the item is not paid for through bay as the level of seller protection is not as high.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply