Can't get pick-up code.

Recently purchased some items and paid through ebay website with local pick.  The seller kindly dropped off and said he had get the pick up code. It was totally new to me and I didn't have the app installed on my phone. I said I would sent code later on. Have now installed the app, found the order, and hit the 'Get Pickup code' button. Nothing happens. What can I do next? Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Can't get pick-up code.

I think it is sent as an email with a QR code and the pickup code.

Check your email.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Can't get pick-up code.

03BE8254-A983-4455-A855-5F5B870BBE14.png

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Can't get pick-up code.

I have already collected the item from seller. What now? Please post helpful advice, not cut and pasted guides from EBay.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Can't get pick-up code.

As most of us wouldn't be in your situation we can only go by eBay guides.

Tell the seller to mark it as posted, leave feedback, get the QR code for any future pickup items.

My crystal ball is in for refurbishment, so I can't offer advice other than the bleeding obvious.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Can't get pick-up code.

@ekrabappel wrote:

I have already collected the item from seller. What now? Please post helpful advice, not cut and pasted guides from EBay.

Hey. EDNA!!!!  

If you knew what in the hell you were doing in the first place, then you wouldn't need to keep coming to the boards seeking help to fix your damn issues! 

So back off with the tempestuous replies and show a bit of courtesy! 

You want some helpful advice?, sure, here it is..... read the bloody eBay buying guidelines!  Learn about unpaid item strikes, learn about Item Pick Up codes, and maybe, just maybe, you'll get it right instead of Rse up, like you have been! 

Sheesh!  

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Can't get pick-up code.

@ekrabappel,

As I'm in Melbourne, for obvious reasons I've avoided pickup over the last two years.

I can't offer personal experience of using the QR code for an eBay pickup. Perhaps no one who's replied to you so far has that experience, and all that we can offer is the eBay information at this point.

As the seller delivered the item to you in lieu of you going to pick the item up, I wonder if possibly the seller has marked the item "delivered" (davewil has touched on that with his suggestion that you contact the seller to ask him/her to mark the item as "posted"), and if that means you can't now get a pickup code for the item. Why not contact your seller and see if that might be the case? Alternatively, if you'd already received the pickup code, it may possibly not be sent again. (See below.)

And... perhaps don't blow off the replies...? You did not need to have an app installed. The pickup code would have been sent to your email address, as the C&P posted by janebabe, and the comment posted by jellybirddesigns, explained.

Hopefully that will give you the information you need.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Can't get pick-up code.

I can't see what the problem is here. You are the buyer, an item you paid for was delivered. You have the goods. Don't worry about the pick up code, just leave feedback and forget about it.

I've had people pick up from me who couldn't find the code ebay had sent them. Not having a pick up code didn't cause any problem for either the buyers or for me, the seller.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply