Combined Postage discount with small value items

Hi Ebay Community,

I wish to buy several tshirts listed individually by a seller. However if I were to buy them 1 at a time it would not be worth my while. Is it possible to change the contract so that I only buy if I win 3+ items? What's the accepted process?

Cheers

Darryn

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You bid, you win, you pay.

If you want all three then you need to make sure you are the highest bidder on all 3.

Check with the seller first though to make sure they do combine P&H at a discounted rate.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

No, eBay doesn't work like that.  you pay for whatever you buy, 1,2,3, or more.

as Kaz said, before bidding check that the seller actually does offer a discount on postage for combining all on one invoice, many sellers do not, and eBay does Not require a seller to discount the postage.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

as above.  But it also depends how the seller sends his items, and how large/heavy the T-shirts are.  If they use 500g satchels, they may fit 2 but if the Tshirts are large and heavy, they may not be able to fit the 3rd.  Or if they are very small/child size, the seller may be posting them as a large letter, and 2 or 3 together would have to go into 500g satchel and would actually be more expensive than if sent individually.

Your seller is the only one able to tell you how they can/are willing to post.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

If it is the postage you are thinking about, contact the seller and ask if they do a reduced combined postage on multiple purchases ie what would postage be on 3 or 4 items?.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Hi Darryn,

Yes, it's always best to contact the seller & ask them what they can do for you.

The seller may not mention combined postage in their listing, however you'll be suprised what sellers can do for their buyers to complete the sale.

It really does pay to ask ๐Ÿ™‚

Best of Luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

The seller has already mentioned a discount for up to 3kg of clothing. (Anyone know roughly how much an average tshirt weighs?).

Ok so it's not an option now but I thought of buy it now before it was an option - any chance of ebay making this a feature? Especially for some items postage & handling (without the final value fee loophole) p&h is double or triple the value of the goods.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Child or Adult size?

A light weight cotton Tshirt would only be a few grams. You would get a heck of a lot for 3kg.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Depends if you are a size 8 or a size 30, I can vouch for the fact that you cannot get very many size 30 tees in a 3kg satchel ๐Ÿ˜‰

If the seller is sending smaller tees as large letters then it will be cheaper to send three individually than to post them together.

Bottom line is sellers do not have to offer a discount and indeed if the items are free post then it is impossible to do so.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Off topic a bit, but sort of on topic. I get a chuckle from a few sellers who give 2 or 5 cents postage discount on little trinket items, the stuff where 10 could be posted for the same price as one. But the postage is initially 3 times the BIN price of the item. (BIN $1.00, postage $2.99)

Yeah, not fee avoiding..... much :^O

Yes, I have an opinion. No you don't have to agree with it. Yes I do have a right to it.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply