'DEFECTS' ADVICE - PLEASE

I have decided, for me, these boring little 'star ratings' are not only a waste of my time, they are in a word 'destructive'.

If I am happy with a purchase, (and it is my decision to purchase or not to purchase,) +++ Feedback is sufficient.

If I am not so happy the place to begin is with the seller, most are more than reasonable when approached with a genuine concern.

My question is :

Am I hurting a seller by only the +++Feedback & not filling any stars at all.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

3 stars is a defect & the seller will be able to see this on their seller dashboard 2 days after you left the fb.

While most sensible people would think that 3 is meh ok or middle ground,eBay in it's ehem wisdom decided that 3 is worthy of punishment for the seller.Also the seller may put you on their blocked buyer list to avoid getting low DSR which may ban them from selling.

While this may offend you as a buyer,it also weeds out the amount of sellers.

Good for you for being smart enough to ask  about this though Cat Happy

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

No it will make no difference to a sellers rating/defects if you do not leave any DSR's.

Leaving 1, 2 or 3 is what affects sellers defects.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@*sparklz* wrote:

No it will make no difference to a sellers rating/defects if you do not leave any DSR's.

Leaving 1, 2 or 3 is what affects sellers defects.

Then I for one do not intend to waste my time.

I will also put in my feedback, to be read by other buyers, Australian Sellers need protection.

This little part of China is no longer the place it was.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

And a Australia now has 7 States & 1 Territory, that 7th being China, I will not purchase from the 7th State.

EVER.

The 2 buck store for me, I can even bring it home, not wait 3 long weeks, if it arrives at all,.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I've had quite a few buyers not leave DSR's when leaving positive feedback. Thanks for thinking of us sellers! It was refreshing to read your messages.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I'm sure some people from either the NT or the ACT will be happy to know they are not classed as Australians.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@bsal6160 wrote:

I'm sure some people from either the NT or the ACT will be happy to know they are not classed as Australians.

Having mentioned 7 States - China being one of them & 1 Territory, that obviously being NT, I was very remiss in forgetting that lovely part of NSW now the ACT.

However to be pedantic Australia has 2 Mainland Territories as mentioned above & an offshore Territory, that being Norfolk Island.

To be even more pedantic Australia also has another 7 Territories governed by Commonwealth Law.

Those being :

Ashmore & Cartier Island

Australian Antarctic Territory

Christmas Island

Cocos (Keeling) Island

Coral Sea Islands

Jervis Bay Territory

Territory of Heard Island & McDonald Island

Please forgive me.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

You forgot about Hutt River in WA. That is a country all on it's own, while being part of the Australian mainland 😛

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

You forgot about Hutt River in WA. That is a country all on it's own, while being part of the Australian mainland 😛

Oh Sheep, I stand reprimanded again.

The Prince or whatever will never forgive me.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply