DO NOT BUY FROM <Removed>

User <Removed> claims to be Australian seller.

Well they are NOT!

Seller is from overseas, mobile phone i bought from them was not Australian stock.

Phone had a european charger (which was damaged from factory, pins werent straight) and an australian adapter.

Neither the charger or adapter meets Australian electrical standards.

Dispute was raised and the seller told me they would send an Australian charger.

Weeks went by and charger was in transit and dispute closed as it timed out (thanks paypal! you **bleep**ers).

Charger arrives today and its the same bloody **bleep** euro charger again!

Phone and charger were imported into Australia and came in via the Australian Mail Services in Hillsdale.

So i have again now tried to raise a dispute via paypal (and it wont allow it) and have emailed eBay about it.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER.

Advert is false... not Australian!

Sam

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Unfortunately Sam you are not allowed to name & shame on here. The Mods will remove the  ID shortly.  BTW what were you thinking  , when you bought a mobile phone ??? Go to a bricks & mortar shop and buy one there. That way if anything goes wrong, you can take it back.  

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

lesson learnt-Do Not buy phones on line or any other electrical item . As there is no recourse if they stuff up within a year.

At least in a B&M store you get a warrenty.

Also read their Neg feedback.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Not counting the negs & neuts, the big reg flag for me would have been that they are registered in Malaysia & listed the item as being in Sydney. I might not be correct every time I don't buy off people who are registered in another country but list the location as in Australia, but I prefer to be safe than sorry as you have unfortunately found out.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Agree. BIG RED FLAG !!!! I was also under the impression that it is against ebay policy ? maybe I'm wrong ?? 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Seems to me this is becoming quite a common activity.

I know of two listed in Darwin that sell LED Lights that have neg feedback for being OS.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Why on earth did you wait for a charger instead of escalating to a claim straight away and insisting on your money baxk from Paypal. I have a couple of UK phones and charging them is no problem, I just use a usb cable into an Australian usb plug, same in the UK where I have UK usb plugs.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I'm not replying to the above user as such, it's just that it seems that you can't just generally reply, you have to reply to someone else (which is incredibly weird)..

And you all think that ebay isnt reading this....

Who do you think is editing things and deleting names....

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@ginger_ice_cream wrote:

I'm not replying to the above user as such, it's just that it seems that you can't just generally reply, you have to reply to someone else (which is incredibly weird)..

And you all think that ebay isnt reading this....

Who do you think is editing things and deleting names....

if you scroll and read the bottom of the page you will know (not think) who is editing and deleting on these pages