Defective USB drives

dewaang85
Community Member

Hello,

I purchased 3 faulty USB sticks . Despite multiple attempts, USB sticks remain faulty.
Shop promised replacements, but upon visiting today, they're out of stock. Trust in owner shattered. Won't shop there again.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Defective USB drives

Very good idea I'd say

What was your question for other members?

Where is the seller registered ?

What is their feedback like

And most importantly, if three different USB sticks from the same seller were faulty, why on earth would you want to get even more from them? The 'replacements' would more than likely be faulty too

Far better to open an item not as described dispute, get your money back and buy from a decent seller

At a guess, I'd say this seller just 'made promises' to string you alone so it would be too late to open a dispute 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Defective USB drives

@dewaang85 wrote:

Hello,

I purchased 3 faulty USB sticks . Despite multiple attempts, USB sticks remain faulty.
Shop promised replacements, but upon visiting today, they're out of stock. Trust in owner shattered. Won't shop there again.

Listen, you don't have to communicate with that seller. You don't have to rely on that seller to fix it.

You're not going to get any replacements and as sandypebbles said, they would probably be poor quality anyway even if the seller did send them (which he won't. He just wants to string you along for over 30 days).

30 days is the magical number. You have 30 days after delivery or ETA in which to open an ebay claim (for either defective items, items not as described in the ad or items that have not arrived by their due date). You don't need the seller's permission to do it, you can do it yourself.

You'll win, just follow that claim through and you'll get a full refund. Pay no attention to the seller or any promises. If the seller wants the USB sticks back, he would have to send you a prepaid postage label first & I doubt he would bother.

Open an ebay claim today if you are still in that 30 day window. If you paid via paypal, you get much longer but try ebay first.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply