Does it usually take two weeks to get a refund if it's got to come from paypal ? do eBay own paypal

Does it usually take 2 weeks or more to get a refund from eBay if it has to come through paypal ?

Does eBay own paypal or vise versa ?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Does it usually take two weeks to get a refund if it's got to come from paypal ? do eBay own paypal

Thanks for your answer lyndal 1838,

so it's the same old story, when "we" pay it's instant, when "they" have to pay us ie refund they take their own sweet time about it.

I had an order cancelled by a seller on Reverb in USA  due to incorrect shipping price quoted.

The seller emailed me the next day & of course offered a refund which I accepted, the money was in my account that night.

Not 2-3 weeks later.

Work that one out !

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Paypal and ebay are separate companies now.

It can take up to 3 weeks to get a refund if you allow for the waiting times in the dispute process.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for your answer lyndal 1838,

so it's the same old story, when "we" pay it's instant, when "they" have to pay us ie refund they take their own sweet time about it.

I had an order cancelled by a seller on Reverb in USA  due to incorrect shipping price quoted.

The seller emailed me the next day & of course offered a refund which I accepted, the money was in my account that night.

Not 2-3 weeks later.

Work that one out !

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You are comparing apples with oranges, in one case the SELLER refunded, and in the other case it appears you have gone down the dispute road with eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I believe that if you paid through PP with a credit card, the refund goes back on to the card, which was the source of the funding.

If you paid with funds already in PP, then it would be instant.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

A straight refund is very different to a refund via a dispute.

Your seller offered a refund for a cancelled order and processed that refund immediately you accepted.

In a dispute there are waiting times involved.....you open the dispute and the seller is given time to reply....3 or 4 days I believe.   After the seller replies to you there is a similar time for you to reply.  This can go on while you and the seller are in negotiations or the seller refunds voluntarily.  If you decide to ask ebay to step in....that is, you escalate the dispute, then you wait while ebay decides who wins the dispute.

Only after ebay steps in can the dispute be found in your favour and the refund given.

As Padi said....apples and oranges....and not fair to blame ebay for following their processes to protect buyers and sellers.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply