Does this work or am I wasting my time, again.

Spoiler
My authentication is being denied    10 minutes of typing a question     thanks for nothing ebay
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

i was anoyed because my authentification failed after typing a long question, why can't Ebay tell you beofre you go to the effort of framing an intelligent question?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Must have been a big question Woman Surprised

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

In cases like this just wait a moment and try to post it again.

If 2 posters try to post at the same time one of them can be blocked.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Copy the message before hitting the Post button (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C if using a PC) - a lot of forums have a stupid time limit like that. eBay goes one step further to the point where it's impossible to edit your own posts unless it's within a few minutes of typing it.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I've had this happen quite a few times and it's a random word that causes it for me. It hasn't happened for a few months, but if I try to submit the message, I get a page not found error. By random, this week I could type "collection" and next time the page tries to autosave the message, I get that pink authentication message. It generally takes a bit of time to establish which word it is, but when I find it, I put a capital letter in it which fixes it. Next week it could be a completely different word. I don't know why it does it, but it's a pain in the proverbial.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply