EBay Keeping Unsent Item

roylo27
Community Member

Hi. I’ll try keep this short. 

I purchased a particular vintage (40 years old) Ni-Cd battery from overseas. It’s rare, very collectable and in new condition as this was, it is impossible to find another the same. 
This is not a dangerous Lipo battery. It’s Ni-cd, small only 1200mah and about 16cm long by 5cm. These are sent all over the world everyday. 

The seller sent item to EBay for them to take care of shipping. 
I get a message a week later that item cannot be sent because of battery restrictions and I’m being refunded. 
Turns out Seller got his payment and EBay are not sending the item back to the seller. It will be kept by EBay shipping. 
I have a big problem with EBay doing this and not returning the item. 
I know the seller.  We wanted to keep this item ownership between us. Also, it is irreplaceable and we want it back. 
I have contacted EBay and they will not send it back. 
How do we know someone at EBay shipping didn’t fancy the item for themselves and simply marked it as not sendable?

looking for advice on what we can do. 

Message 1 of 80
Latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

EBay Keeping Unsent Item

sorry, you don't......next time bypass eBay's shipping.....there are many ways to do this.....contact seller & ask if they will oblige

Message 2 of 80
Latest reply

EBay Keeping Unsent Item

Obviously I know that now. But this seems very wrong for EBay to keep and not send the item back. They refuse to search for or send item back. 

Message 3 of 80
Latest reply

EBay Keeping Unsent Item

these are the restrictions:

Prohibited and restricted items | eBay

Message 4 of 80
Latest reply

EBay Keeping Unsent Item

I don’t know why you posted the listing restrictions or what you’re implying but this battery item is not restricted from being listed on EBay. 
You do not understand the issue here. Please don’t reply anymore. 

Message 5 of 80
Latest reply

EBay Keeping Unsent Item

twyngwyn knows exactly what this issue is. It’s been experienced by quite a few other buyers, and it’s one of the most irritating aspects of the Global Shipping Program or eBay International Shipping.

The problem is my whether an item is prohibited on eBay; it’s whether it is prohibited from being sent through the GSP or eIS. 

Read the T&Cs here: https://pages.ebay.com/internationalshippingprogram/buyer/terms/

Read carefully.

From experience, the regular posters on these boards lbw what sort of items will be eeemed prohibited or non-deliverable. Drums and butter knives are among the items inexplicably held back from their buyers.

Message 6 of 80
Latest reply

EBay Keeping Unsent Item

@countessalmirena wrote:

The problem is not whether an item is prohibited on eBay

[…]

From experience, the regular posters on these boards know what sort of items will be deemed prohibited or non-deliverable. 

Corrections.

Message 7 of 80
Latest reply

EBay Keeping Unsent Item

The casual buyer is not a lawyer and does not read the fine print. What is obvious to some just may not be obvious to others. I have had all sorts of batteries sent through eBay. Example, power tool batteries, laptop batteries amongst others. Ni-cd are the safest so go figure?

Message 8 of 80
Latest reply

EBay Keeping Unsent Item

Exactly. He listed what is prohibited from being listed on EBay. This item is not on that list. Just stay quiet. 

Message 9 of 80
Latest reply

EBay Keeping Unsent Item

Whatever the reason for not shipping, they should send the item back. This is a form of theft. 

Message 10 of 80
Latest reply