Ebay $1000 promotion

When you complete a purchase does anyone have a promoton on the page to win $1000 click to enter ???

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ebay $1000 promotion

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Do you mean when you complete a payment in paypal?

There should not be any sort of advertisement in paypal.

If you mean on ebay, then I have a green money bag icon with Win $1000 and a blue Enter button up on my ebay bar beside ebay deals

and my G'day greeting.  It is there all the time and not dependent upon me having paid for anything.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay $1000 promotion

Yes it is on the Ebay page up the top & after a purchase is complete on the Ebay page - This is not on Paypal.

The reason I ask is:

I did click to enter, I proceeded to fill in a short survey of yes & no answers...........I answered no to almost everything except the question ' Would you donate to the Cancer Foundation' I clicked YES.

I am now being harrassed almost daily from the Cancer foundation in QLD on my Mobile phone number which I had disclosed on the Survey. 

I contacted Ebay as this is a breach of privacy, Ebay proceeded to tell me they DO NOT have  $1000 promotion ...........SO GO FIGURE 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay $1000 promotion

Did you read the conditions of entry for the competition?

It says that eBay may use your info for marketing purposes by mail, telephone and email and may share the info with related companies and promotional partners who may also contact you in this way.

snip1512.JPG

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay $1000 promotion

I investigated the icon after you posted this and like you I aso answered No to almost everything. However I was not caught on having to enter my Mobile number....I give it to no-one outside the immediate family.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay $1000 promotion

Smart move Lyndal Smiley Happy  I am normally the same but thought because it was ebay I would be okay, however not the case. I see in the comment regarding reading the agreement - yes it states for promotional material ........a scammer that canvas's for a donation is not a promotion......SO......how do these scammers get this information ?

I did get in touch with the Cancer Council in Queensland & they informed me they do not phone for donations, so therefore the survey is easily accessed by scammers & gain private information. 

NOT SO SECURE EBAY !

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply