Ebay are harder to and harder to contact ...now impossible

Over athe past few months where things are taking longer .times run out before feedbak time .

Items not delivered have no options as long as the seller can string you along .

earlier in the year 2020 you couls phone them and sort these silly things out .

Not you are left with no options that are made apparent.

They have become like telstra .

I hope they red this as taking ahigher risk in aliexpress is at the very least much cheaper.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

17,000 posts WOW!

Ebay would never read that !

what do i do with that?

No amount of defending the actions of a corporate will help to change them .

Ali express is joined to ebay anyway so screwed we are .

Edison was taken and alexander graham bell was too long

"If you cant afford to throw it away whay are buying from ebay"

these are my last words here as i reall am stupid to think that ebays own forum would not have realm defenders of any sex guarding the gates from idiots like me who just want better and fairer customer experience as it used to be .

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

There's this thing called COVID. You may have heard about it on the news at some point. Leaders around the world said people should work from home if they could. The eBay call centre is no different. The results are, the call centre has been inactive for at least the last 6 months. 

The only option for contact is to use the live chat facility. Most people are finding that option satisfactory.

Why are you letting sellers string you along? If something doesn't arrive, why are you not using the tools provided to you to get a refund? Buyers have all the power. If you allow yourself to be strung along, that's not eBay's fault. It's not like you are a newbie.

As for threatening to use AliExpress, eBay couldn't give two hoots. Knock yourself out if you like. You arent even a blip to eBay, so they really couldn't care less if you shopped elsewhere.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Just what i needed ,to be blamed for pointing out that ebay are getting worse not better .

COVID what is that? 

but 10,000 posts makes you a much better authority on whats wrong than little old stupid me who is reporting my experience.

I bow sir, to you in humble submission knowing that there are defenders of the realm ready to slay any pesants who expect more.  like a &(*&(ing phone call.

Like they used to

I did not know that one could pass any virus over a phone line .

That call centre excuse was only relevant in the initial stages .

any way thank for responding you are very good at it

How stupid am I ? complaing about ebay on their own forum .... GO ME !

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

What does it mean when a responder hos no stars or numbers on their profile ?

Does it mean that that have never bought anything on ebay ?

Im curious  abot that .

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

@nikolatesla3 wrote:

Just what i needed ,to be blamed for pointing out that ebay are getting worse not better .

COVID what is that? 

but 10,000 posts makes you a much better authority on whats wrong than little old stupid me who is reporting my experience.

I bow sir, to you in humble submission knowing that there are defenders of the realm ready to slay any pesants who expect more.  like a &(*&(ing phone call.

Like they used to

Tippy is a girl.

eBay's call centre is closed. No amount of complaining on a board that nobody from eBay reads will change that.

What does you taking the name of a great physicist in vain mean?

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

17,000 posts WOW!

Ebay would never read that !

what do i do with that?

No amount of defending the actions of a corporate will help to change them .

Ali express is joined to ebay anyway so screwed we are .

Edison was taken and alexander graham bell was too long

"If you cant afford to throw it away whay are buying from ebay"

these are my last words here as i reall am stupid to think that ebays own forum would not have realm defenders of any sex guarding the gates from idiots like me who just want better and fairer customer experience as it used to be .
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

I bet the real Nikola knew how to spell.

And marking your own post as a solution to your 'question' is, at best, inapt.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

@nikolatesla3 wrote:

What does it mean when a responder hos no stars or numbers on their profile ?

Does it mean that that have never bought anything on ebay ?

Im curious  abot that .

It means that they are using  posting account, not their buying or selling accounts.

They have not bought anything on that account.

The member that you are asking about has multiple buying and selling accounts and plenty of experience.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

@nikolatesla3 wrote:

COVID what is that? 

Like they used to

Actually nicolatesla3, I'm inclined to agree with you. Covid 19 or Covid 19-not, eBay can do better to communicate. Now many people are manning phones from home  in other businesses, why can't eBay???? Surely in these troubled times it would make better logistical sense to have people working from home. This can be done with Skype for business and a plethora of other cloud based or IP based phone setups.  In actual fact, eBay as well as that PayPal mob could do a righteous and logical thing by actually employing extra people and setting them up at home of in the office.

So there is good sense in what you say nicolaatesla3!

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Now many people are manning phones from home  in other businesses, why can't eBay????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the call centres were/are in the Phillipines it's likely that those staff do not have access in many cases to reliable internet, either through affordability or location. Don't forget that those CS staff are probably very low wage-earners, and it's unlikely that eBay is going to provide them with free internet access when the "live chat" facility is available. And who knows that "live chat" isn't being run from home anyway.

I've had occasion to use "live chat" during the COVID restrictions and didn't have any problems with it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 26
Latest reply