Ebay full of fake location scammers

Does anyone else feel that eBay is now full of scammers? So many people list Items in Australia and then come from overseas. It really annoys me I don't want to buy from dropshipping/Chinese companies. 
I've reported so many sellers but eBay seems to do nothing.

Any tips on how to not get conned by these scammers?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Look at who you buy from

eBay allow all seller to put anywhere as the item location

If you look at the feedback page, it not only shows you any negs, it also instantly shows where the seller is registered

It takes one click and less than five seconds

The estimated delivery date is also a dead giveaway if it claims the items are coming from Australia and the estimated delivery date is weeks away

And no, eBay won't/can't touch sellers registered in China

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Do you check feedback to see where are they registered.  If overseas there is a very big chance that is where the items are coming from.

ETA being a few weeks normally implies that the goods are not in Australia.

What is it that you want Ebay to do?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

LOL,  there is definitely something you can do,  the last 4 sellers who left you feedback all have really bad feedback.   Stop supporting these sellers.   Use the tools provided by Ebay to help yourself, don't try to blame Ebay.  The buyers are supporting these sellers.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You're completely right in that there's a lot of it happening on ebay and ebay itself could make things more transparent, but they haven't.

Some of these sellers are based overseas but have warehouses here in Australia, so technically, the items are in Australia. But if you buy from them, you're supporting an overseas seller.

The only way to double check is to click on the seller name or feedback score and go to the menu where it says 'about'. That will show where the seller is registered.

If they are not in Australia, you can click out and try another seller.

Even if they are in Australia, if the item is going to take a strangely long time to be delivered eg 3-4 weeks, it is probably being shipped from overseas. It might go to the seller and be reposted on to you or it may come direct to you, but it probably won't be Australian stock.

My best tip is to do that research before you buy.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply