Ebay store items more expensive than company’s website

So I am looking to buy a particular doll from Toys r Us. At the moment they have 20% off at their ebay store. But their ebay store is more expensive than their website which is being run by Hobby Warehouse. This annoys me. It seems like prices go up when the discounts are on offer. Anyone else seeing this?
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If that's the case, then I'd be buying from the website, rather than eBay. Sometimes websites are cheaper, other times eBay is cheaper. Always pays to check both for big names, and then buy from which ever platform is cheaper. That's what I usually do.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You'd think with 20% off the so called price, that it would work out cheaper on ebay at the moment,  but I suppose it depends on whether they have a sale going on at their own website too.

Basically, they are paying ebay fees whenever they sell on ebay so that makes it a slightly more expensive platform than their own shop.

As tippy said, it's always worth checking out prices at different places. Sometimes the ebay price will be the cheapest, sometimes not.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

rachel,  YOU get annoyed?

Just imagine how annoyed they would be if they thought someone is trying to dictate  what they should do with their stores and prices!

After all - Ebay as well as  the other store are theirs,  and yes, Ebay should be more expensive to make up for any pottential losses from invalid returns (you know what the buyers are like on this site - nothing like on  non Ebay sites), from having to pay fees, having to pay postage to some loosers who lied their way through the dispute - that sort of thing.

And of course, you DO have the choice, go to their other store and get it there if it's cheaper.

What can be simpler and easier?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply