Emails

yuna1_45
Community Member

I have just received 12 identical emails from the one single order courteously informing me that each item on the order has been sent. Why was it necessary to tell me about each single item? Why not just one all encapsulating courtesy email? And importantly, does this mean I will receive 12 individual packages in the post please? I will require a much larger letterbox if so and I will need to be home on the day.

Sincerely

Kerry Thomas

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Emails

The way to avoid this as a buyer is to put all the items into your ebay cart, then request a total from seller. The seller is then able to work out the combined postage and send one invoice.  This function appears not to accessible via the phone app so best to use a desktop device.

As a seller It can also be frustrating to see 12 emails from ebay notifying me that one buyer has purchased 12 items and paid postage on each one. This recently happened to me one another ebay account. Luckily for me the buyer decided to 'purchase' more items with the excess postage.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Emails

Not something other members have anything to do with

Or the seller for that matter

eBay automated stuff

Other members have no idea how your order is being sent, what service is being used etc

We have no idea if the seller is sending your 'single order' as 12 things in one box or 12 boxes

Did you get 12 tracking numbers?

What did the listing say about combining purchases?

What did you communicate with the seller when you made the purchase?

Why will you need to be home on the day?

It should give you the option for the postie/delivery person to take them to the post office or to do a safe drop

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Emails

The way to avoid this as a buyer is to put all the items into your ebay cart, then request a total from seller. The seller is then able to work out the combined postage and send one invoice.  This function appears not to accessible via the phone app so best to use a desktop device.

As a seller It can also be frustrating to see 12 emails from ebay notifying me that one buyer has purchased 12 items and paid postage on each one. This recently happened to me one another ebay account. Luckily for me the buyer decided to 'purchase' more items with the excess postage.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply