Etiquette of Best Offer

Is there any etiquette  when making or responding to a Best Offer. I have only recently tried Best offer & have had automatic declines which is fine. However one that has previously declined quickly on a previous offer looks like they will let it go to an expired, which leaves you haning in limbo for 48 hours when I have other options I'd like to pursue. I don't want to look like I'm harrassing them, but I'd rather they just say no than not respond at all. Does anyone have any suggestions for this ?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Etiquette of Best Offer

Maybe the seller takes weekends? Maybe after last time they consider your offer frivolous?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Etiquette of Best Offer

@tetibird wrote:

Is there any etiquette  when making or responding to a Best Offer. I have only recently tried Best offer & have had automatic declines which is fine. However one that has previously declined quickly on a previous offer looks like they will let it go to an expired, which leaves you haning in limbo for 48 hours when I have other options I'd like to pursue. I don't want to look like I'm harrassing them, but I'd rather they just say no than not respond at all. Does anyone have any suggestions for this ?

They may be away from the Computer. They may check in every so often. They could also be considering your Offer while waiting if there is a better one.  Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Etiquette of Best Offer

When making an offer, i tend to use "ask a question" link, that way i dont have the item sitting in my buying list, and i tend to think that by asking a question makes my offer more profresional (except my bad spelling) so far since doing my offers this way i have not been declined....yet...
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Etiquette of Best Offer

I was interested in a pair of shoes yesterday, I just sent the seller a message saying I was interested in their shoes and asked if they would consider letting them go for a bit less please. The seller sent me an offer 20% less, so I grabbed them. It was the first time I had actually asked a seller so I was not sure either. Can't hurt to ask.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Etiquette of Best Offer

Sellers can now send offers with replies to messages. Hence a polite request this way may get you a better deal than just making a blind offer. It may also bypass auto declines, giving seller chance to rethink it. So its worth doing even if there is a best offer function

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply