FEEDBACK REMOVAL SCAM???

Hi i recently bought an item and recieved it only to notice it was damaged, i contacted the seller (who has been great so far) and they said they would replace the item but only if i messaged back with the exact words

"I will remove all negative/neutral feedback or positive feedback with low DSR."

I havent left any feedback yet so what exactly does this mean? If i reply with that back then am i waiving my rights to leave negative feedback if the problem isnt resolved? Just want to make sure that this isnt a trick so that i cannot leave negative feedback even if the problem isnt resolved?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

FEEDBACK REMOVAL SCAM???

that is not allowed, ebay call it feedback extortion.

just open a dispute in PayPal, escalate to a claim

paypal will advise you the ONLY address to return item to (by trackable means at your own expense)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL SCAM???

don't do it. Just let him/her try extortion methods on someone else. If you paid through paypal just make a claim for item not as described saying it was brokem. You will have to send it back by registered post or signature with delivery (so the seller can't claim it wasn't received) that will provide tracking which you can upload as proof of return and paypal will most likely refund you the full purchase price. Once the claim has been successful make sure you leave Neg feedback.

I would also be inclined to report the seller for feedback extortion.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL SCAM???

Keep a copy of the reply, if it came through eBay messages.

Send the required statement, through eBay message.

If things don't pan out, you have proof of feedback extortion if the seller tries to get a negative removed.

Unless they are a very low volume seller, they won't know who left a positive with low DSRs anyway, and eBay would not act as DSRs are supposed to be anonymous.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

FEEDBACK REMOVAL SCAM???

They are talking hogwash, send it if it makes them do what they should be doing anyway. You cannot remove feedback, the seller has to send a request which you can refuse whatever you may have said in an email and if you left a pos with low DSRs there is absolutely no way for them to be removed or revised.

I would send the email, get my refund and then neg them with one star for each and also report them for extortion.

Perhaps send them a link to this thread so they can see hiw badly they are making themselves look and that what they are doing is completely wrong and could have the opposite effect of what they are trying to achieve.

It is sellers like them thst make it harder for the rest of us to sell anything, they need a reality check!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply