Feedback

more_nawty_knights
Community Member

There is no need for a buyer to leave Negative or Neutral Feedback.

In Fact The Whole Feedback system itself is just an act of defamation.

Take into consideration that a buyer can take other steps to getting the item they paid for with out leaving Negative feedback.

For example ‘IF’ the buyer is in the right Paypal offer buyer protection and can get their money back.

It is not hard for a genuine person to open a Paypal account all you have to do is simply link a bankcard.

So if a buyer cannot do that, what do they have to hide?

You have more to lose if you pay by bank deposit with no buyer protection from Paypal.

Are people really that vague that they do not want the item they paid for?

What is wrong with a buyer trying to sort out with a seller what ever the problem may be?

If the buyer uses Paypal and ‘IS’ in the right Paypal do not give the seller an option to refund, Paypal does it.

eBay’s Feedback system is nothing more than a Defamation of character system!

If it is not then eBay would simply put dodgy sellers on a strike system and boot them off eBay the way they do dodgy buyers !

That Simple.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Feedback

Well......If the buyer is to rceive a refund then it is most likely they will need to return whatever item it as that they purchased.

Now if for example...i purchased a $50.00 item and it was $20.00 to post it and now I need to return it for a refund. It is going to cost me $20.00 to return it, so overall I will get my $70.00 back  BUT I am now $20.00 out of pocket with NOTHING to show for it because of something the had done.

Now why shouldnt i give them a big fat red neg?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Feedback

Feedback left for a seller is no part of the resolution process, so the possibility (or even absence) of other channels to resolve issues doesn't make the feedback left for a seller redundant.

Feedback (ultimately) is not for the seller's benefit, nor for the benefit of any one buyer leaving it.

It if for the benefit of future, potential customers so that they can make a (moderately) informed decision about their purchase and trading partner.

It's like reviews in newspapers  - some of them absolutely rip the restaurant / movie / book / album / whatever to shreds, but most people with an inkling of intellect can place that individual review into the grand scheme of things.

The feedback on eBay works a bit differently though, in that the grand scheme of things is right there on one screen and in a neat summary, with the capability to be dissected by individual members.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Feedback

more_nawty_knights
Community Member

It if for the benefit of future, potential customers so that they can make a (moderately) informed decision about their purchase and trading partner.

There for Interfering with other customers 'Defamation' of character

And as for bsal6160  can you not read the buyers terms?

Do you not have the brains to not buy it if you don't like their return policy?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Feedback

chuk_77
Community Member

buyers dont have any terms?:|

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Feedback

Can we assume that on another id a buyer has had the temerity to leave you a neg? I am all for contacting sellers if there is a problem but not if they have silly, unenforceable terms in their listings such as: All sales are final, Negs will be left for non payers, Payment must be received by yesterday, Not responsible for items once posted etc etc etc.

What would be the point of contacting them as they are obviously clueless. If I have to open a Paypal dispute to get a refund or I have to pay return postage for a not as described item then of course I am going to leave a neg to warn future buyers, remember the truth is an absolute defense to slander or defamation.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Feedback

Oh, FCOL. I said moderately informed. An 80-character comment (160 with a follow up), hardly allows for a fully-fledged character assassination, and if the comment is truthful it does not qualify as defamation. If the comment is an opinion, it does not qualify as defamation.

You obviously didn't take any notice of the multiple replies in your other thread(s) about this issue - particularly what actually constitutes defamation, and how - even if something may technically qualify as such - it can be defended.

I also told you last time that eBay has a system in place that allows sellers to defend against defamatory feedback. 

I've run out of patience for single-minded people that point blank refuse to even make the slightest effort to take on board the information provided by others in what is supposed to be a discussion board. 

If you prefer to make a whole bunch of points about something without anyone else offering opposing opinions, or pointing out where you seem to have misunderstood something, go start a blog and switch off public comments - then you can feel self-satisfied with your efforts and remain ignorant to reality.

Bleh.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Feedback

nawty is a serial, unimaginitive new IDer, pj. I assume the last one wasn't suspended or this one would be in breach of the rules.

Which may or may not be defamatory.

The rules, I mean.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Feedback

As the buyer, I find feedback an essential tool.  I pay no attention to the seller's feedback score, but I do look carefully at the comments left.  Many of them I find downright unreasonable and I wonder at the intelligence of some people.  In my view, paying peanuts for an item with free postage which then doesn't work properly is a gamble you take. If feedback indicates a product may be crappy or a seller untrustworthy, don't buy!  If there's a problem, by all means leave negative feedback but only if contacting the seller gives no result.  There seems to be so much unjustified negative feedback about slow postage and it really annoys me.  Exercise a bit of patience, people!  But I guess we're in the age of the internet which gives people the ability to be rude and unreasonable without having to be accountable. I am happy to say, I have been really happy with most of the things I have bought on eBay. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply