First time returning to sender on eBay, what's the proccess?

Hi,

I received an item that arrived damaged and the seller has approved my request for a return. When I click 'print postage label' I'm sent to a page that just has my return tracking number. Do I just repackage the item, head to my local Auspost and show them the tracking number or what? There's no listed address or anything on the Return page or under 'Return Details'

Apologies if it's a silly question, I've never returned anything on eBay before.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update: I contacted eBay. Something went wrong on their end and I just didn't get the postage label for some reason. They corrected that and sent it out to me.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did you actually open an item not as described dispute, or did you just 'ask' the seller if you can return it?

Is this for the seller with the negs for doing the dodgy with tracking? 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I've opened an arrived as damaged dispute and the seller accepted my dispute for return. I then got an email from eBay saying

"Send your item back to the seller by 11 Sep, 2023

Hi Michael,

Please print the postage label and send the item back to the seller by 11 Sep, 2023, to receive your refund.
Print postage label"

With both a box and and a hyperlink to print my postage label in the email.

I click either and it brings me to a page on eBay where it says

"The item's on the way back

Your refund should be processed within 4 days of delivery.
Tracking details
Number:
34QHC541663101000650805
Carrier:
Australia Post
Aug 26, 08:40 PM
Return requested
SUNSHINE WEST VIC"

But I haven't created any shipping labels or sent anything yet. There's no return address on the page nor is there a label to print.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Update: I contacted eBay. Something went wrong on their end and I just didn't get the postage label for some reason. They corrected that and sent it out to me.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply