Free shipping now they want me to pay for shipping???

kiya777
Community Member

Hi all, I purchased an item from Japan yesterday which had free shipping, all good, just now I receive and email from them saying due to covid19 they can't send their "normal" way so they have to ship by DHL and I quote 

"It cannot be delivered by normal shipping. . .Cancel or Shipping will be DHL. DHL shipping fee will be charged separately. After ordering, DHL will calculate the shipping cost and send you an invoice." 

I would of thought they would have to state that in the listing? I find it unfair to be told this after the fact......

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It sounds like they didn't know until they have tried to send it or print a postage label.

Either pay the extra of ask for a cancellation. Simples.

IMO, nothing deceptive going on here, it's not the seller's fault.

And I think we all need to be a little more flexible during these trying times.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I did ask them to cancel it and now they have told me they are shipping it!

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

You might have called their bluff - be careful of them trying any other tricks, particularly when delivery is inevitably delayed.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Sounds like they found a way through the postal network. Good result. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

ha ha well not really as a couple of hours later they refunded my money.Oh well.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

the saga continues....paypal shows they refunded the money , I paid with my bank acc via paypal, three days later the money is till not in my account, I contact the seller they say it's not their problem and to contact paypal, paypal tell me to contact the seller, I contact the seller again now they tell me to contact ebay!Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Have you checked your bank account ?  Remember, it can take a few days for it to be transferred from Paypal to your bank account.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

If the funding source was your bank account the refund will remain in your paypal account....you have to transfer it manually to your bank account.

If you used a debit card attached to your bank account then the money will go back to the bank account.

Check both paypal and your bank account.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply