From "No longer available in local B***ngs" to "Aha, last few still available on eBay"

So often the threads posted on eBay contain primarily unhappiness. Sometimes it's preemptive concern; sometimes it's MissedTheDeadline frustration, sometimes it's fury; sometimes it's full of drama.

This is a Tale of Three Sockets, a happy tale. I wanted another 1.8 metre extension lead with triple sockets (in quite an attractive blue) so that I could connect my new Breville Dual Boiler (gift from my lovely family - or half-gift, with me paying the balance) coffee machine and the cranberry Smart Grinder to the power point.

Spoiler
Unfortunately the Dual Boiler is not cranberry; they are no longer being made in the colour option, darn it. It is a silver gleaming machine of coffee delight, however. I ordered a very nice coffee trolley (really a kitchen cart made by Catskill, sent by P's of K, delivered by TNT, assembled by me) so that the Dual Boiler has somewhere to sit.

Alas! (I seemed to hear that someone cried out, "We want drama". Here we go. Dramatic element coming up.) Oh, alas! My heart was riv'n, yea, riv'n to its very cardiomyocytes, for behold, approach, while I speak of the tale.

It was a night most burdened with unctuous heat. The darkness was disentombed, most suddenly, in the passage of light that came from a globe in the roof'd bedecking. Two triple sockets saw I, utilised in state. I could not pluck them from their place, lest those things nearest to them became powerless. And yet the dreadful engines of coffee could not couple with a mere ordinary set of sockets or leads. Nay, such a thing must not be! And thus I set out to the place called B--, there to locate another of these triple sockets. To my horror, they were not to be found, search though I might. The very maker of them had ceased their making.

In my sore extremity I turned to eBay. And there, to my heart's relief, were some last of these (though very few in number) remaining so that they might be procured. Thus, procure I did.

Thereby ends this Tale of Three Sockets.

NOTE: There is a red version available. It's 20 metres long. I only needed the 1.8 metres.*

* All right. I did also get the red version. One can never tell when it might be needed.

ADDITIONAL: I'm very hot and very tired and have entered into a state of befuddled whimsicality.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

From "No longer available in local B***ngs" to "Aha, last few still available on eBay"

Of course you got a red one. One never knows when the need for a 20m lead, especially in red, will crop up. Given the aesthetic contrast with a silver gleaming coffee maker.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply