GSP - Australia

Anyone know and understand how the charges are applied to items?

I’ve just been charged 57% plus postage to Australia on an item <$15

Goods and Service Tax in AU is 10%

I don’t understand how the GSP charges are applied.

Anyone with clarity and advice?
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

GSP - Australia

Can anyone tell me how I am able to determine if a seller is using GSP - basically I will be avoiding all these sellers from now on.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

GSP - Australia

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The GSP is the postage component of the invoice and it is what it is.....there is no specific % formula.

The GST is 10% of the item cost plus the postage cost and an extra fee charged by Pitney Bowes to collect the GST in the first place.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

GSP - Australia

@gecko067 wrote:
Can anyone tell me how I am able to determine if a seller is using GSP - basically I will be avoiding all these sellers from now on.

If it is an overseas listing (USA or UK) that quotes import charges then it is GSP.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

GSP - Australia

@gecko067 wrote:

The listing will show these features :-

Capture.PNG

And this on the listing's page :-

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

GSP - Australia

Most of us avoid Global Shipping like the plague, luckily I have never used it, I heard enough horror stories to know not to. There are heaps of threads on this board relating to. As soon as I see their logo, I move on. Someone did put a list of the charges up once, and it is a very long list.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply