Global Shipping Item Stolen at ERLANGER

This is the second time I have purchased an item and it went through the Global Shipping Program and has gone missing again. This is so disappointing now i'm not sure if I should use EBay to purchase items. The purchases i make and get posted with normal US mail have no issues but Global Shipping is poor for this to happen twice there is some systemic issues with Ebay and Global shipping. 

Thanks for Failing Me Again Ebay. 

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

If they are not breaking any laws then why open and confiscate private mail,they are not the owners of any parcels sent,they are just the shipping company robbing people at random,that is interfering with the mail in anyones books,seems ebay and others want to turn a blind eye to this thievery!

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

@teau352 wrote:

If they are not breaking any laws then why open and confiscate private mail,they are not the owners of any parcels sent,they are just the shipping company robbing people at random,that is interfering with the mail in anyones books,seems ebay and others want to turn a blind eye to this thievery!

I am afraid you will not get an answer from the poster you have replied to....he no longer posts on the boards.

This is a 6 month old thread so is unlikely to get many answers but Pitney Bowes can pretty much do as they like....it is their job to repack items sent to them and do the paperwork for Customs purposes.

I have seen the results of their repacking....it is terrible and often items are damaged when the seller has sent them off in very good packaging.

The system has been in place long enough now for us to know there is nothing that we can do about it except to buy from sellers who will post with ordinary USPS srevices.

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

585300oo
Community Member

These post are helping me ( novice )  understand where my queen size handcrafted patchwork quilt ended up. 

PB where quick to refund and close case , no explanation.  

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

Did your item even reach Erlanger or was it lost in transit between the seller and the Pitney Bowes facility.

You are lucky to get our refund without a fight so you have no reason to complain.

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

@585300oo wrote:

These post are helping me ( novice )  understand where my queen size handcrafted patchwork quilt ended up. 

Hi 585300oo, sorry to hear of this. OK, obviously you were the buyer. Yes you deserve some kid of explanation. Yes, you have had a refund but where's the compensation for your time and effort to buy this quilt. I can't see a quilt being confliscated by Pitney Bowes. I have heard of various items being confliscated (much to the frustration of the purchaser and the good-natured seller), one of which was an electric guitar. The guitar ended up being sold later on a Pitney Bowes related website.

Here's an example of how theft can take place. A buyer purchases 5 different items from a seller who uses Global Shipping. Instead of being charged postage by saving on combine items, they get hit with 5 postal rates or 5 x the postage if the items are similar. So instead of say $25 postage, the poor buyer can end up paying $85 to $115. The box is broken open at Pitney Bowes depot. The items are re-packed individually. Now that's where the theft can take place. Unfortunately, there are dishonest people everywhere, and temptation wins over sense of duty.

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@585300oo wrote:

Here's an example of how theft can take place. A buyer purchases 5 different items from a seller who uses Global Shipping. Instead of being charged postage by saving on combine items, they get hit with 5 postal rates or 5 x the postage if the items are similar. So instead of say $25 postage, the poor buyer can end up paying $85 to $115. The box is broken open at Pitney Bowes depot. The items are re-packed individually. Now that's where the theft can take place. Unfortunately, there are dishonest people everywhere, and temptation wins over sense of duty.

This scenario is wrong and is one of the reasons that buyers hate the individual postage rates so much.

No matter how the seller  packs the items to send to Pitney Bowes the buyer pays full postage for every item.
Pitney Bowes does not repack the items individually if they have been packed together by the seller.  In fact it is the very opposite. 
Pitney Bowes combines everything into ONE parcel and still charges for every item separately.
Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

@585300oo wrote:

This scenario is wrong and is one of the reasons that buyers hate the individual postage rates so much.

No matter how the seller  packs the items to send to Pitney Bowes the buyer pays full postage for every item.
Pitney Bowes does not repack the items individually if they have been packed together by the seller.  In fact it is the very opposite. 
Pitney Bowes combines everything into ONE parcel and still charges for every item separately.

Gosh, that's obscene. So Pitney Bowes saves by putting all the items in one parcel but charges the hapless buyer individually.

BTW I have heard of items arriving separately but purchased at the same time from the seller.

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

Yes - as lyndal describes it (vividly), it's really an indefensible aspect of PB's actions.

impatient-looking-f.gif

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Gosh, that's obscene. So Pitney Bowes saves by putting all the items in one parcel but charges the hapless buyer individually.

BTW I have heard of items arriving separately but purchased at the same time from the seller.

I'd have thought with you being the expert on everything GSP, that you would have known this. Now I don't know what to think.......

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

So if they confiscate an item the buyer gets s full refund right?

And since when are there any restrictions on posting coins?
Message 30 of 33
Latest reply