Global Shipping Program KILLING trade. seller shipping restrictions for victorinox swiss army knives

6469buy
Community Member

Why is ebay trying to stop people from buying legal pocket kinves from the USA eg. Victorinox Swiss Army Knife

This Global shipping program is not helping people it is KILLING trade!

And stopping Australians from getting the best price.

Shame on you ebay!!! 

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Global Shipping Program KILLING trade. seller shipping restrictions for victorinox swiss army knives

Oh come off it.

When I stated my experiences on the boards in reply to several complaints about the GSP you were very vocal that it "could not happen as the GSP did not work that way". 

The particular complaint at the time was in regards to Australia Post delivering the items when they arrived in Australia.  According to you AP did not deliver for the GSP.  When I confirmed that I had had  a parcel delivered by AP I was virtually called a liar because I did not keep the packaging to support my assertions....despite the package having been delivered many weeks before the other member had even asked the question.

I can assure you that I have no intention of using the GSP again just to see if AP is involved in the delivery just to prove a point to someone who does not believe anything that is said unless she can see it in black and white.

I feel sorry for anyone who is involved with you in everyday life....you want written proof of everything that is said to you.

You can do all the research on line that you want to do but do not call me a liar when I post information on the AUSTRALIAN forums about what is happening in AUSTRALIA in regards to delivery of GSP items.  Stick to giving advice on the boards where you have first hand experience of the system and it's faults.

Message 31 of 45
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program - is yet another scam by ebay, to rip off your customers.

This Global Scamming Program nets ebay aprox 150% extra, on top of previous shipping fees, in my experience.

Ebay wonders why they are not selling things like they used to .....hahahahaha, love it.... the end of ebay will be awesome to see.

Message 32 of 45
Latest reply

The particular complaint at the time was in regards to Australia Post delivering the items when they arrived in Australia.  According to you AP did not deliver for the GSP.  When I confirmed that I had had  a parcel delivered by AP I was virtually called a liar because I did not keep the packaging to support my assertions....despite the package having been delivered many weeks before the other member had even asked the question.

There is potential for confusion here, between deliveries handed off by FedEx to AP for last mile delivery and items erroneously sent by sellers direct to the buyer.

Advice specific and appropriate to one situation would not be applicable to the other. Therefore is is desirable to establish as far as possible just what is happening, which may not be what people think is happening.

I am studying GSP experiences on all English language boards, not just Australia.

Message 33 of 45
Latest reply

I think the best solution to ebay's GSP, overpriced shipping and their idiotic restrictions, is to have a USA Shipping Reciever and Forwarding... like Bongo International or Ship2me.

This may be against ebay's or Paypal's totalitarian behaviour for us to stipulate a USA address to ship to. 

But it's very easy now to get the alternative trading business site of that the ebay seller, then they ship to your USA mail forwarding address.

Every savvy ebay seller that really wants to do business, now has their own affordable website setup for ecommerce.

And it works out even cheaper to buy off ebay.

That is another reason ebay will go down the tubes to hell. They are stamping their own demise.

Message 34 of 45
Latest reply

The problem is you can not even bid or buy it now if the seller is using GSP.

So you can't bypass it by using Bongo International or Ship2me and the like.

Ebay knows you are in Australia and that you are tyring to bid or buy an item that GSP will not ship to oz so you are blocked by the system.

afantiques your search for the TRUTH will only end in madness, Don't you know even seeing with your own eyes can't be trusted.

Message 35 of 45
Latest reply

Thank you for your comments lyndal1838 they have been helpful and at least make me fell that I'm not the only frustrated ebayer out there.

You wouldn't happen to have a friend named Julie who's sons names all start with a C by any chance?

Just asking because Lyndal is not a very common name and my sister in-law has a friend named Lyndal.

Message 36 of 45
Latest reply

@6469buy wrote:

Thank you for your comments lyndal1838 they have been helpful and at least make me fell that I'm not the only frustrated ebayer out there.

You wouldn't happen to have a friend named Julie who's sons names all start with a C by any chance?

Just asking because Lyndal is not a very common name and my sister in-law has a friend named Lyndal.

I have a very dear friend called Julie but her son's name does not start with a C.

Try changing your ebay address and paypal delivery address to the address that you want the item delivered to in the USA.  This should allow you to bid on the item.

Just don;t forget to change it back again before you bid on anything else.

Message 37 of 45
Latest reply

And have you read the replies?

It is against ebay policy to petition against ebay on the boards.

Message 39 of 45
Latest reply

They could, however, create a hub in a labour cheap asian country and add Australia to that as a shorter spoke, thus introducing an Australian GSP.
Message 40 of 45
Latest reply