HAT TRICK

I would just like to make mention that i have had some sort of a problem with each of my last three purchases.

The first showed a picture that wasn't correct with the item I bought and the seller gave me a partial refund to compensate me.

The second just didn't work and I have been offered either a replacement or refund.  I opted for a refund as I can't trust a replacement that will work.

The third only arrived to day and needs to be charged but there is something wrong with the charging fixture so I need to return it.

A hat trick of purchasing problems!!  Why do I bother ?  Fortunately none of the items were for Christmas presents.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

HAT TRICK

Not much use telling other members

Better to leave feedback if you wish to let others know about the problems with the sellers you have had

With the item you got that was'nt as described, were you happy to settle for a partial refund?

Are you aware of the tools available to you re not as described disputes where you would get a full refund?

No need to settle if you are not 100% happy

Why do you bother?

I don't know, only you can answer that

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

HAT TRICK

You do realise that the last 3 sellers that left you feedback,   all have Feedback scores which are shocking.

Don't buy from bad sellers and you will have better luck.  

You are helping them 

Check feedback before you buy and you will have a better experience 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

HAT TRICK

Stop buying from carpy Chinese sellers. Never accept a partial refund for an item that isn't as described. The Chinese love that tactic because they still win. Why would you accept a partial refund for an item that doesn't work? Pay $20, item doesn't work, get $10 refund, item is still stuffed and needs to go in the bin. Chinese seller up $10, you $10 in the red. Why?

Why do you bother? Because you keep buying from bad sellers. Stop buying the cheapest items. If it's the cheapest, it's going to be garbage. Start buying from reputable Australian sellers and stop keeping the garbage Chinese sellers in business. 

For now, open an item not as described dispute. If the seller wants the item back, they have to pay for return postage. As I can pretty much guarantee they are Chinese sellers, that's not going to happen because they can't send a postage label. After 4 days, escalate (ask ebay to step in and help), and get a full refund. NEVER EVER accept a partial refund. EVER.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

HAT TRICK

I decided to look up the feedback received from sellers for the last month. Just to see what was happening, although obviously annie has not as yet left feedback for her recent 3 let downs.

I can't name the sellers but this is what I saw in order of most recent

1. 99.4% seller located in Australia. Annie has not left feedback for this seller.

2. 99.2% seller located in Australia. Annie has not left feedback for this seller.

3. 98.5% seller located in Australia. Annie gave  AAA+++ positive rating.

4 & 5. 99.5% seller located Australia. Annie gave AAA+++ rating.

6. 99% seller located China. Annie has not left feedback for this seller.

All of these sellers, with the exception of 4&5, were labelled as one of ebay's most reputable sellers, consistently delivering outstanding service.

My take on this is that Annie, at least in the past month, does not seem to have bought primarily from Chinese sellers. None of the feedback scores are over the 99.5% mark, but then again the lowest scoring seller got a AAA+ rating from Annie. The first seller's feedback of 99.4% is not  what I would call shocking either. I would say the majority of buyers who use ebay and who don't frequent these boards would think those scores were all okay or pretty good, especially with the added ebay spiel about top rated seller etc

------------------------

Annie, many here advise not buying from any big seller with a feedback rating of under 99.5%.

I personally think you can quite often have a good experience with a seller whose score is a little lower but it is a signal to exercise caution and read all the feedback before you commit to buy. See if there is a pattern of problems.

I also usually avoid buying anything from Chinese sellers if possible and I also avoid buying anything electronic or that needs charging or where you need a warranty. Go to real retail stores for those sorts of things.

When you do strike problems as you have lately, you do not have to accept a partial refund or a replacement. You don't even have to communicate with the sellers.

If something is not working, nope, do not return it off your own bat.

What you need to do is open an ebay claim. You can do this for items that are defective or not as described or that don't arrive. You can do it without communicating with the seller.

Do it. Open a claim. If the seller wants the item back, ebay will require them to send you a pre paid postage label and after you post it back, you will get a full refund. You won't be out of pocket a cent.

In the case of the first item you bought, if you were happy with the item you got and wanted to keep it, then a partial refund was fine but if you weren't happy, you could have just opened a claim for item not as  described.

In any case, open a claim now for that third item (and second too if the refund has not been made) and follow through.

But be extra careful with what you buy on ebay and who you buy from in future.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

HAT TRICK

Thanks for taking the time to really look into my purchases and give me some good advice.

The partial refund is ok as I like the item and can easily fix the problem without affecting the quality. I have received the refund.

Item 2 has been refunded.

Item 3 is going to be replaced and I don't have to return the defective item.

My problem now is how do i leave feedback. I don't want to be negative when they have fixed my problems so quickly.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

HAT TRICK

I am glad if any information has been useful.

Feedback can be tricky. Ebay has rules about what can and can't be mentioned.

It's probably most useful to other buyers when it is factual & detailed.

How you rate the seller is up to you.

If a seller fixed a problem quickly, I am like you and would not want to leave negative feedback. I'd probably leave a positive rating but in the comment just mention that there was a problem with the item but seller refunded quickly. Sometimes knowing that a seller will fix any problems is useful information for a new buyer.

With item 3, I'd be inclined to hold back on any feedback till you see what happens. If a replacement has not arrived within a few days, then watch the date. You only get 30 days after the arrival of the original item in which to open an ebay claim.

Some sellers promise buyers a replacement item (which they never intend to send) and those buyers wait till after the 30 day mark then can't open an ebay claim.

If your replacement is not there within the 30 days, then before the end of that time, go to ebay and open a claim for that first defective item. Follow through with it, accept nothing but a full refund.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply