How can I trust eBay again after lying?

I made a US purchase a month or so ago and as we probably all have found out is that postage is a little slow atm. My item from the US contained a tracking no. But didn’t forward information like other tracking no.s. Basically saying the item was posted but hadn’t left the local post office or whatever was used. But after contacting eBay “which I’ve found particularly hard lately”, I took their suggestions and waited to see if anything arrived and it did not. Still hasn’t arrived to this day. It stated on the page it was covered from eBay guarantee, which is the only reason I real safe shopping on eBay. After many messages and emails that were never returned I got hold of someone in an Indian call centre I believe and discussed my issue. It was corrected and then I noticed my refund was in Aust dollars and not US as it should have been. So back again I went and finally got onto someone again most likely in India would after some time realised the mistake and said it was the seller. I stated the seller has been the least bit helpful and doesn’t communicate other than “ it was eBay global postage, it on them to fix it. “ which is a condensed response from him. The eBay representative realised it was an admin mistake and then apologized for the shortchange and allegedly forward on the difference. I have not received this yet but I’m not to concern as the initial went through and I followed it up after I received an email stating case closed, we can’t help no eBay guarantee here. So the lady on the chat line stated that it’s already been approved and the outstanding dollars are being forwarded.  
It seems like I was lucky that I spoke up before awaiting an email response telling me this discrepancy was closed and if I wanted I had to appeal. 
     So hopefully the outstanding money has been sent and there’s no need to fight but what happens next time. I spend $200aus on an auction and win, unfortunately post loses my profuct/ item I’ve paid for and I have relied on eBays guarantee to right the wrongs of online purchasing. Feeling safe, months later I have no package no refund from seller and eBay goes back on its online print stating this product is eBay guaranteed. So I’ve been had by possibly the post office,( like they haven’t already stung me with the exorbitant delivery fees.) the seller who possibly never even sent the product and finally eBay who said yeah it covered, yea yea - na. So I fight and every time I call or chat I’ve to explain the whole situation, even when I start the conversation with a thorough explanation but the eBay rep doesn’t take the time to look 3 cm higher on the screen to see I’ve explained myself prior to her being connected just like the auto prompt asks me to do so I can fast track this conversation. I’ve wasted many hours texting and calling, then many more when the wrong figure is refunded so back again I’m explaining everything again again wasting more time, and then another department closes my case making it apparent that one department has no clue what another is doing. If I made. $200 purchase every week like I’ve done lately imagine the stress and frustration and lack of faith. And all I have to do is type Amazon.com and almost never deal with this and the times it has, it’s fixed within a minute. Where’s the effort eBay to insure I returned convinced, never even a gesture apart from we appreciated your many years of being a member. Save your bull**bleep**. I’m not buying 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How can I trust eBay again after lying?

Very simple - when did you open a case/dispute?

What the point of communicating with Ebay if you're not using the the basic tools that Ebay gives you for dispute resolution?

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply