How do I get rid of the reminders which fly in from right screen every time I open a page?

jrd
Community Member

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

How do I get rid of the reminders which fly in from right screen every time I open a page?

It's from the very unpopular bell at the top.

You can delete notifications from it but I gave up as they kept re-appearing.

I find the more I ignore it, the less reminders I get.

image host
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

It's from the very unpopular bell at the top.

You can delete notifications from it but I gave up as they kept re-appearing.

I find the more I ignore it, the less reminders I get.

That's interesting kopes, I found the opposite Smiley LOL  I found if I keep on top of them I seem to get less.  Maybe it just seems that way as I don't get as long a list if I do it that way Smiley Frustrated

jrd,  there are many members who would love to know the answer !  To the best of my knowledge it can't be switched off.

If anyone has found a way to permanently get rid of it, PLEASE share with us Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

mbs, I did find a way to get rid of the pesky bell by fiddling with my Adblock Plus, but by doing that it also prevented other important stuff that I needed, so I had to reverse the process - what fun that was...........................sigh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

I don't believe it's possible to "turn then off".  However, once you've noted each reminder, simply click on the small cross in the top right hand corner of each notification and this will delete it.  This way, you will only be reminded once.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

I don't believe it's possible to "turn then off".  However, once you've noted each reminder, simply click on the small cross in the top right hand corner of each notification and this will delete it.  This way, you will only be reminded once.

What universe are you in Cathy?

Just because you delete a reminder once it does not mean it will disappear.

I still get reminders for items that have been bought, paid for, delivered and feedback left.Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

It's another one of eBay's "improvements" to make our buying/selling experience more enjoyable - yet another that doesn't work and never has done in the year or so that it's been there....................GRRRRR.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

What universe are you in Cathy?

Same eBay universe as everyone else.

Reminders do cancel once you delete them individually, and I'm not the only one to have experienced that.

It's been mentioned here before.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Well I wish it worked for me....the only way I have ever deleted them is individually and still the return to haunt me.

I just ignore them now and if I am bored I might delete a few to fill in the time.Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Well I wish it worked for me....the only way I have ever deleted them is individually and still the return to haunt me.

I just ignore them now and if I am bored I might delete a few to fill in the time.Smiley Frustrated

Maybe eBay is enhancing your buying experience by not just not giving you discount vouchers, but also clogging up the stupid bell thing on your 'Puta................................

BTW they're doing it to me as well the norty people that they are..................... 

Maybe Stalks in 'Murrica doesn't have these problems...........................

YXJIMTh0T2FmczQx_o_funny-pranks-grill-fire-prank.jpg   

Spoiler
OOOPS,  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-soldier.gif                          errrr, "all for one Stalks" ????     Fencing.gif

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply