How do I lodge a complaint against a seller when the product (two carports) have been installed?

I purchased two carports.  I had tradespeople install them.  The quality was prety bad.  I enbded up having to pay the trdies for an extra day to fix all of the issues.  Photo's where taken and provided (with detailed info) to the seller.  The seller has offered $100 in compensation which is a joke.  IO provided proof etc of the manufacturing faults.  The options provided in eBay don't cover this situation?

Help please.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How do I lodge a complaint against a seller when the product (two carports) have been installed?

Sounds like due diligence wasn't adhered to.

If eBay doesn't cover the faults then you have purchased 'jerry built' items.

All you can do is work it out wih the seller.

But it's probably a case of seller thinks items are great and you don't.

Both buyer and seller need to compromise.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Honestly, I'm surprised you were offered $100 by the seller.

If the seller themselves had installed them, you might have a case, but there's not much that can be done as you've gone ahead and had a 3rd party install (and presumably modify) what was originally supplied.

If you'd inspected the materials prior to having it constructed, and contacted the seller before getting anyone else in, you'd have been in a much batter position.

But by going ahead with assembly, you've implied acceptance of the condition of the materials, and can no longer return them in the condition they were supplied in.

Perhaps the law might say otherwise on the matter, but if could be a pain to prove it.

Carports are not an item I would source on eBay to begin with, for this kind of reason.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply